Occasional Contributor

Re: EternaGold Warranty Doesn't Work

I have to agree I'm not happy with the Eternagold warranty policy. I sent a byzantine bracelet in for repairs which lays flat on the wrist, which I need because of a brace I have to wear sometimes. I received a san marco bracelet which I can not wear. I was told I could pick any item currently on QVC up to 10 gram to replace my byzantine with and there is nothing that lays flat. I'm not happy 

Honored Contributor

Repair was not a good experience for me either.   

Occasional Contributor

Anyone have a suggestion as to which bracelet will lay the flatest on the wrist. I wished they had just sent my byzantine back I would have taken it some where and tried to get it fixed. I know the warranty wouldn't have been any good but at least I would have my bracelet. I keep thinking if I get something else from Eternagold how long will it last and will they replace that one. I'm just upset with the whole transaction. If I had wanted an San Marco I would have bought one, not the byzantine I did purchase. 

Trusted Contributor

@teddysmom wrote:

Anyone have a suggestion as to which bracelet will lay the flatest on the wrist. I wished they had just sent my byzantine back I would have taken it some where and tried to get it fixed. I know the warranty wouldn't have been any good but at least I would have my bracelet. I keep thinking if I get something else from Eternagold how long will it last and will they replace that one. I'm just upset with the whole transaction. If I had wanted an San Marco I would have bought one, not the byzantine I did purchase. 

Did you ask them to return it to you?  I sent a ring in to be repaired and they said they could not repair it.  I asked for them to send it back.  They sent it back repaired.  They cannot keep your item just because it is deemed irreparable. 

Honored Contributor

While I did like the products (the earlier ones were better quality than the more recent ones), I found that trying to get warranty work was kind of a PITA.

I've only had one piece that broke - brand new earrings and the 'u' thing on the back that the wire clicks into broke off - I tried a few times to call them.  The only way was to leave a message because you couldn't get through to a person.  I finally did leave a message.

After waiting a couple of weeks, having not heard back from them, I just ended up returning them to QVC (they were new enough that the 30 day deal was still on) and THEY took care of the situation.

Then, a few weeks AFTER even that, I finally did get a call back.  Kinda late.  Who would think it would take some six weeks to hear from them?  It was a lady and she was not very nice.

Honored Contributor

If you call many times you will get a CS rep who has NO training. I called about a tarnish free jewelry box that was not TF and guaranteed for 30 years. When I talked to CS about it she kept yammering on and on about the 30 day guarantee. I wrote a letter to a big wheel in CS and received a full refund. He was aware of the long guarantee. I probably would not have sent the necklace back w/out talking to some one.

Occasional Contributor

I sent the Byzantine bracelet in to EternaGold in August and never got the San Marco until after Thanksgiving. After I received the San Marco I called and was told they no longer had my bracelet I returned and my only other option was since I didn't like the San Marco to pick other items on QVC website up to 10 grams of gold. I did find a copy of my receipt and when purchased it was advertised for 11 gram. I think I got cheated all the way around.

Respected Contributor

twoflaglady, I'm sorry you're experiencing disappointment with EG's policy.  A similar thing happened to me which is why I no longer purchase their stuff.

My favorite hoops broke (the u shaped thing the wire goes into).  Sent them back and they told me they no longer have that item and didn't give me a choice, just sent back a replacement.  The replacement earrings are very pretty but they're lighter than the earrings I sent.  Wish I'd complained back then but I let it go.

I won't buy from them again.  In addition, I have their highly polished bangle and I've honestly worn it under 5 times - it's got a dent and none of my other bangles that I wear OFTEN have dents.  Ugh.  Not worth the money to me.  I can't wear that bangle for fear it will dent again so it sits in my jewelry box.  Waste of money.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt  I agree about what was done that's older seems better quality.  I think that's true of many things we now have to buy.

I don't know about the jewelry at Eterna Gold but I do know other items are like that.

I think that's also true of us old folks!  Ha!  Sorry, but I couldn't resist.  I have an idea chicken you're younger but still one of us (made to last longer).  Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

OP correct.   Many years ago when they were on the Q all the time, I sent a piece for repair.  It took forever and never got it back or could get in touch with them.  

This waS before FACEBOOK on the Q, SO I E MAiled Mary Beth Roe and she got a new one out to me.  She use to be the host on with EG.