Contributor

EternaGold Warranty Doesn't Work

Beware of Eternagold.  I bought a 36 inch chain last year. It broke so since Eternagold offers the "lifetime warranty" I returned it to them to get it fixed.  The guy on air said if it breaks just return it and we'll fix it for free.  Not happening.  I mailed them my chain spending money on postage and insurance.  They sent me a letter saying my item was discontinued and to choose something else of equal gram weight from QVC. They have nothing close in style or length and besides, I just wanted my chain fixed.  I complained to QVC who gave me the brush off and told me to take it up with Eternagold.  SOME GREAT WARRANTY.  BUYER BEWARE.

Respected Contributor

Re: EternaGold Warranty Doesn't Work

You should try to call in the next time they are on and tell your story.

Honored Contributor

Sorry you couldn't get exactly what you want, but i do know some pieces cannot be repaired and definitely some of my pieces are so out of style that I'm sure EG no longer makes them. And keep in mind, most companies would never offer you anything of equal gram weight.  Or anything at all.

Respected Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

You should try to call in the next time they are on and tell your story.

Oh yeah, that'll make it on air.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

twoflaglady wrote:

Beware of Eternagold.  I bought a 36 inch chain last year. It broke so since Eternagold offers the "lifetime warranty" I returned it to them to get it fixed.  The guy on air said if it breaks just return it and we'll fix it for free.  Not happening.  I mailed them my chain spending money on postage and insurance.  They sent me a letter saying my item was discontinued and to choose something else of equal gram weight from QVC. They have nothing close in style or length and besides, I just wanted my chain fixed.  I complained to QVC who gave me the brush off and told me to take it up with Eternagold.  SOME GREAT WARRANTY.  BUYER BEWARE.

I believe the lifetime warranty states they will repair or replace with a piece of equal or greater value.  So, they are standing behind their warranty.

Chains are very hard to repair, and the Eternagold patented alloy makes repair even more difficult. 

I can say that a few years ago I contacted them to inquire about a special order -- I wanted to purchase 2 of their gold crosses and have them made into one, joined piece, which most jewelers cannot/will not do because of the alloy.  Eternagold did the work and it was beautifully done...  but in recent years my understanding is that it's hard to get in touch with the company so things might have changed.

I wish you well, @twoflaglady, and I'm sorry you've had problems with this.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

The warranty is fix or replace.  I've had 36 inch chains repaired and they are never as strong.  I'd pick something else and be glad I wasn't left empty handed.

Contributor

Well, they say it can't be fixed which I don't believe for a moment and they are not replacing it with a similar item because there are no similar items available.  No, other companies do not offer replacement but other companies don't offer a lifetime warranty.  The warranty is not worth the paper it's written on.  Thanks for your reply though..

Honored Contributor

EternaGold Manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty

"All EternaGold® jewelry comes with a Manufacturer's Limited Lifetime Warranty that extends to the original consumer purchaser for as long as you own the jewelry.

In the event of any defects in materials or workmanship, the manufacturer will repair or replace it with a design of equal or greater value.

This warranty does not cover loss, damage caused by abuse, or damages exceeding cost of the product. Some states do not allow a limitation of damages, so the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights which may vary from state to state."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@twoflaglady wrote:

Too bad you didn't take it to your local jeweler for repair, at least you'd still have your necklace.  Perhaps on the seconday market, the bay if you really wanted that necklace.

Honored Contributor

I'm not doggin' the brand because I've purchased a number of pieces over the years (not recently).  But I have to say that the one time I tried to see what I could do about an earring that had the 'u' piece (where the post clicks in after you put it on) break off very shortly after I bought them, it didn't go well.

First off, I had to leave a message because I was never able to get through.  So, as much as I prefer NOT to leave a message with a company, I finally left a message.  It said I would be contacted back.

I waited more than a week and finally just contacted QVC and they replaced the item.    Then, a few weeks later, somebody from the EG Warranty place called me.   Too little, too late.

I was lucky, in that I could get it replaced.   But for older items it's concerning.   OTOH, I find that the older pieces have more manufacturing integrity than newer ones I have so I continue to take good care of them and hope they last.  If they don't I might try contacting them again but I don't have high expectations.