Contributor

Re: EternaGold Warranty Doesn't Work

They did the exact same thing to my elderly mother a few months ago.  The piece that broke meant everything to her. Her deceased husband who had died just days before it broke had given it to her on their very last wedding anniversary he was alive (he had a terminal illness) their 50th anniversary.  She asked them to return the item to her and she'd just put it away as a keepsake since it was so important to her.  They said sorry can't do that we've already melted it down for other jewelry.  They did this without even asking her!

Trusted Contributor

When I called to ask the process of getting an item repaired, they said to include a note with instructions on repairing it and if it couldn't be repaired, include a statement saying you want the item returned to you.

Respected Contributor

@puglover1 wrote:

They did the exact same thing to my elderly mother a few months ago.  The piece that broke meant everything to her. Her deceased husband who had died just days before it broke had given it to her on their very last wedding anniversary he was alive (he had a terminal illness) their 50th anniversary.  She asked them to return the item to her and she'd just put it away as a keepsake since it was so important to her.  They said sorry can't do that we've already melted it down for other jewelry.  They did this without even asking her!

How rude!  

Highlighted
Contributor

My mother did put a note in to return it. They melted it anyway.

Honored Contributor

I have one of their bangles and they do dent,not much, but they dent. I would not send it back to the factory unless the dent was quite noticable after reading your posts.

Honored Contributor

It's okay.  We disagree completely.  And  you will have to choose another company.

Me, I'm still pleased with my EG and their fix or replace policy.  It's the only thing that makes sense to me.  Considering gold right now costs more than twice what it did when I bought the majority of my EG, I'm doing just fine as a consumer.