Respected Contributor

Perhaps the alloys are causing the tests to indicate the gold isn't real 14K.  I think it's probably 58% gold but the rest is proprietary and therefore, not disclosed and not testing as the usual alloys do.  

I love my eterna necklace...can't remember...maybe it's called love knot?  It's still shiny and lovely after many years of wear.  It's 16" so I only wear it during warmer months which means it gets sunscreen and lotions on it and still looks like it did the day I bought it.  

The bangle, not so much.  Oh, it's still pretty and shiny and lovely...but it's got a small dent so I'd never fall for Ted's sales pitch again.  This gold does dent!  

Valued Contributor

EternaGold is Leach and Garner Gold which is carried by many fine jewelers.  The name EternaGold is the brand name used by QVC for the products.  If someone is trying to test it and it does not pass as14K, it is the cheap method of testing, not the 14K gold piece.  By law they can not engrave 14K on EternaGold jewelry if it is not solid 14K.

Aurafin is the company who has the contract to repair or replace EternaGold.  Leach and Garner, the manufacturer, isn't involved in repairs. 

I am surprised that a forum moderator doesn't comment and clarify the facts for this EG discussion as I have seen them comment on other posts.

I'm disappointed that Ted Leach is not during prime time and is not bringing in Today Special Values like in the past also.  Perhaps his health is keeping him away or maybe he is part time/semi retired?