Eterna Gold warranty, does it even exist?

Has anyone had any luck at all with their warranty on Eterna Gold (parent company is Aurafin).  So far I have had none.  QVC told me how to invoke my warranty which I followed to the letter.  They even provided a phone number to call.  I believe this company does not exist.  The phone always has a busy signal. 
I will push on.  Currently waiting for a QVC mgr to call back....we'll see.😡

Respected Contributor

Re: Eterna Gold warranty, does it even exist?

@Virgo Lady 

I purchased a lot of Eterna Gold back in the good old days on the Q. Of course my buying habits have changed since then. What I will say is since "Ted" sold the business; things have changed a lot.  

I will also say this, when gold jumped up back a few years ago, I took a couple pieces in to sell at a local jeweler. They wouldn't buy it, they stated it wasn't solid gold.I was like what?? So that was a definite reason I stopped purchasing, along with the prices.

Good Luck with the warranty and getting some response from the Q.

Honored Contributor

There's a difference between solid gold and hollow gold. Solid gold will be at least double the price of hollow gold.    It's all real gold, but, solid gold is heavier.

I wouldn't trust any jeweler as far as I could throw 'em. They want to bad mouth others so you will trust and only buy from them.

Honored Contributor

I have the Eternagold cat ring in white gold, emerald eyes.  I wouldn't part with it for any amount of money.  I've certainly had many people admire it over the years and it looks just as new as the day I bought it.  (I wear it daily.)

However, I have no reason to believe that it's not gold.  I'd never take just one jeweler's word for it.

@Virgo Lady - I don't know what info you were given, but Aurafin is part of the Richline Group (a Berkshire Hathaway company).

EternaGold was made especially for QVC by Leach & Garner.

The USA info is:

Leachgarner USA

49 Pearl Street
Attleboro, MA 02703

Respected Contributor

Long ago when I sold my gold, the guy said he wouldn't give me anything for my Eterna because  when he scraped it with his tool it didn't register.  I was told it's because Eterna doesn't have any nickel.  Believe me it's real gold.

Respected Contributor

Solid gold? Wait, I could swear that I once heard a vendor mention it's gold, but with some type of enhancement that makes it stronger than gold.  Didn't say what. This is why it doesn't scratch and scuff, and you can bang the bangles on the table (as they often demo) and they aren't bent, or damaged. 

At the time, I thought it was fine for gold jewelry lovers who were hard on their jewelry. The items are beautiful and will retain such.

But, this may be what some jewelers are noticing when attempting to sell as pure gold? Some additive, or treatment, that can't be extracted from the gold itself, perhaps? Just a thought. 

Honored Contributor

@Virgo Lady 

I gave up on the warranty and tossed the chain.   

I sent my broken EternaGold chain and required check to the address for repair.  My check was submitted for payment.   Shortly after that my broken chain was returned to me along with a form letter saying I did not pay the required fee for shipping and handling.  I sent a copy of the cancelled check, but never heard anything back from the company, nor was I able to contact anyone by phone.  I finally tossed the chain and have stuck to my promise to never buy another piece of that jewelry.   

Respected Contributor

@Virgo Lady wrote:

Has anyone had any luck at all with their warranty on Eterna Gold (parent company is Aurafin).  So far I have had none.  QVC told me how to invoke my warranty which I followed to the letter.  They even provided a phone number to call.  I believe this company does not exist.  The phone always has a busy signal. 
I will push on.  Currently waiting for a QVC mgr to call back....we'll see.😡

Stay on QVC customer svc, if you can't reach them direct.

My only experience with this about 17 years ago. My earring dropped in the parking lot at work. By the time I went to look for it, it had been run over. I loved them...they were larger gold hoops, flat, squared, narrow, wedding band types...rarely see that shape. They replaced them with hoops I still own...but they no longer had the flat exact same type...so they replaced them with a rounded pair...still pretty, just not as unusual. 

Keep trying!

Frequent Contributor

@Virgo Lady I used the warranty several times over the years for a rope chain I had bought my husband.  Here is the info I have from 2008 :

Aurafin OroAmerica

6701 Nob Hill Road

Tamarac, FL   33321

800-648-4768

All returns require a return authorization code from them and a check or money order to cover postage and handling.  

I had this number jotted down in pencil on my slip, 954-718-3200 just in case you don't get anywhere with the 800 number.

Respected Contributor

@Virgo LadyI purchased a lovely pair of twisted hoops from Eterna Gold years ago and one of the posts that goes thru your earlobe broke. I returned the earrings to be fixed to the company and they sent a smaller hoop that was plain back to me. I was very disappointed to say the least and would NEVER buy from them again. GOOD LUCK!