Honored Contributor

Epiphany Diamonique -- my "take" on this

[ Edited ]

Thought I lost my cushion-cut 100 facet ring... and I was very sad.

@QVCcustomer service... the lady was so helpful... she looked up my order (which was not showing for me) and answered my questions... like how many carats, what type of cut... so I could start replacement process.

Ordered this set: Epiphany-Diamonique-2-Piece-100-Facet-RingJ324095

The size of the stone (which is pear shaped) is very nice; however, one can see thru the stone... (is this normal for diamonds?) and a paved stone has fallen out of the band.

This is closest to the ring I lost:

LINK 14K white gold

and I'm willing to invest in this stone in a more precious metal

asscher white gold.jpg

The one I have lost is silver Epiphany, but when the one above comes back in my size (hopefully it will) I will order this.

1)Trust me, the stones that are not 100 facet hold no comparison sparkle-wise to those that are not 100 facet.

2) I'm thinking that the stones cut like the Asscher above have less show-thru in the stone and therefore do not look like glass (IMO)

3) The "trim" stones, IMO and for me, are MUCH more flattering to my finger if baguettes than the ones trimmed out in pave stones.

I know people have different experiences with brands of CZ's.  Hopefully, any opinions I have offered or that you may post here will be helpful.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Re: Epiphany Diamonique -- my "take" on this

If I had my preference, I would have an Asscher cut - I think they are beautiful!  I'm not into jewelry - but I prefer the Asscher. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal

I prefer it too... it seems to just look better on my finger!

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

I prefer it too... it seems to just look better on my finger!

@LTT1 - it's an expensive looking cut. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal

I have never looked closely at a "real" diamond... large enough to see through.  Can one see thru a real one at all? Thank you

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 - I'm not sure - haven't had a real diamond around for years - but I'm assuming if it is a highly rated diamond it would be pretty clear. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal... thank you!
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

I have never looked closely at a "real" diamond... large enough to see through.  Can one see thru a real one at all? Thank you

@LTT1  Yes, you can definitely see through a high quality diamond. 

Honored Contributor

@Reba055
Thank you very much for letting me know. A friend of mine and I were comparing one day and laughing about mine being fake vs hers being real and how one could tell. She said her's (3K?)(4K) was "grayer." I could sort of see the difference, but wasn't sure I preferred "grayer?" However, I would not turn down THE REAL THING of that size if presented with one!
My real engagement ring seems to have problems getting it re-pronged properly! It is an emerald cut and I won't wear it until I'm sure the stone is held solidly. (GRRR) I am not up to the stress of dealing with it yet. 💜 That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Respected Contributor

@LTT1  True colorless diamonds are very expensive, but most good quality diamonds look clear to the naked eye. High quality diamonds are pretty much clear.  The fire and brilliance has to do with the cut and how well they are cut affects how the light bounces back through them. I'm no expert by any means, but if you can see any tint, it should be yellow, I believe. Not sure why she said "gray". A diamond that size might very well be a lower quality. Obviously I know nothing about your friend, lol. Maybe it's dirty?  A 3-4 carat high quality diamond is pretty darn expensive, I can tell you that!