Honored Contributor

Re: Epiphany Diamonique -- my "take" on this

I am guessing my friend's gorgeous ring is near three carats!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

You can't see through a diamond.  You can see into it but not through to what is under it like the band.  Unfortunately CZ is very see-through but people don't usually get that close.

Unless you have a D color (highest grade) diamond you will have varying amounts of body color - usually a gray or yellow tone. The more body color the less it's worth but it's all relative - most stones have some color. Once you get to more intense shades of yellow blue, etc. you are talking fancy colors and they are very costly (if natural and not enhanced to make them that color).

With CZ just get what you love!

New Contributor

With real diamonds, you cannot see thru them at all.  That's the only way a jeweler can tell between real and CZ.  They look at the stone thru a loop.  With a real diamond, it looks like you are looking at a gazillion tiny mirrors, refractions.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Speaking of real vs. Diamonique, does anyone remember the Diamonique sold some years ago that was supposed to look more like "real" because it was purposely made to look more flawed?  I never bought any and it wasn't aired for very long but it did make some sort of sense.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Diamonds are diamonds. There is no comparison when it comes to real diamonds and Diamonique - none. They work well if you don't wear any real diamonds and are in a believable size and setting. And, perhaps, small ear studs would work well. I guess maybe I am just not a fan of fake stones - but, I think in these smaller is better than larger over the top pieces. That ,to me , is just usually totally unbelievable. 

-Texas Hill Country-