Honored Contributor

Re: Emerald and Diamond Engagement Ring

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

$400,000?   I'd rather have a Lamborghini...  Who says you HAVE to have a ring???

@Desertdi  Who says you can't have both?  A Lamborghini would make a nice wedding gift as the "getaway/just married" car as the keys are handed over to the bride. 

Just saying........................

@Mz iMac    Well, I don't want to sound like a privileged brat.....but you've got a REAL GOOD IDEA!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

A lovely emerald is a favorite piece of mine, however I'm not fond of that ring in spite of the excellent quality of both stones. Perhaps it would look better in 18K to warm it up?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

A lovely emerald is a favorite piece of mine, however I'm not fond of that ring in spite of the excellent quality of both stones. Perhaps it would look better in 18K to warm it up?

@BirkiLady 

It's set in 18kt white gold.

Honored Contributor

I love it but not as an engagement ring.  I like it as a cocktail ring or a right hand ring.

Respected Contributor

I like the ring, but I'm a big fan of colored gemstones and that emerald is beautiful!  I have a few rings and bracelets that are asymmetrical and I love them.  They were made by a local goldsmith. His pieces are more about artistic expression.  Until I started going to his workshop, I never thought of a ring or bracelet as being a work of art but for him, I believe they are.

Anyway, I'm glad to see each pear gem has a prong protecting the point.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a beautiful ring.  My grandmother's engagement ring  was an emerald set in rose gold with seed pearls on the sides.

It's my favorite stone and I own several emerald pieces.  If that was my engagement ring, I'd be happy.  I have a diamond and emerald tennis bracelet that would match it.  

Respected Contributor

I thinlk it's beautiful. I love the cut and the mix of an emerald and diamond. I like the thought behind the design and wish them well..

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie   Your grandmother's ring sounds tasteful and beautiful. How nice to have a piece to match hers! Emeralds need the color of rose or yellow gold to warm them up IMO; white metals seem to cold for a top quality emerald IMO.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Jackie Kennedy had a two stone ring, one emerald, one diamond--although they were either radiant or emerald cut, I can't remember.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Beautiful design. Beautiful ring....something different.

I agree, I would love to see how the band fits.