Super Contributor

Re: Emerald and Diamond Engagement Ring

I LOVE THE RING. MY BIRTH STONE IS EMERALD AND MY

HUSBAND'S IS DIAMOND, JUST LIKE  MEGAN'S AND MACHINE GUN KELLY.

I'D WEAR THIS RING.   A GOOD EMERALD IS VERY EXPENSIVE, LOVING THE PEARSHAPES TOGETHER..

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Call me crazy, but give me Jackie Kennedy’s ring any-day.

If I remember correctly, point facing toward your heart means you are taken, facing away means you are available, so they say in Ireland about the Claddagh anyway.

@ECBG 

Yes @Drythe you are correct and I am a gemologist with certification from the GIA. My former employer, Tiffany's, also displayed our pear shaped diamonds and gemstones exactly the same as you described.

Meghan's ring is exquisite and the majority of emeralds sold at Tiffany's are set in platinum. It is still personal choice but there is less reflection of metal within the emerald and diamond when platinum or 18k white gold is utilized.

Beautiful ring!💕

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

Your career must have been fascinating; wwould love to hear your stories.

I love gems, and know just enough to grasp a few bits, have a real love for Beryls.

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

Call me crazy, but give me Jackie Kennedy’s ring any-day.

If I remember correctly, point facing toward your heart means you are taken, facing away means you are available, so they say in Ireland about the Claddagh anyway.

@ECBG 

Yes @Drythe you are correct and I am a gemologist with certification from the GIA. My former employer, Tiffany's, also displayed our pear shaped diamonds and gemstones exactly the same as you described.

Meghan's ring is exquisite and the majority of emeralds sold at Tiffany's are set in platinum. It is still personal choice but there is less reflection of metal within the emerald and diamond when platinum or 18k white gold is utilized.

Beautiful ring!💕

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

In ads I always see pear shaped stones with the point facing the hand, so I assume that's the "preferred" way to wear them.  I however, like them much better with the point facing away from the hand; like a candle flame.  I guess it's how you look at it though; perhaps the stone is supposed to look like a pear (or teardrop as we used to say) when your hand is down by your side, as opposed to being held up in the "admiring my ring" position.

Trusted Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

Here is a picture of Jacqueline Kennedy's engagement ring.

See the source image

From which husband?

Respected Contributor

@DottieBlue From The Engagement Rings of Jackie Kennedy Onassis - Jonathan's Fine Jewelers (jfjco.com)

Jacqueline Kennedy’s first engagement ring was purchased in 1953, back when she went by the name of Jacqueline Lee Bouviere. The ring screamed vintage art deco, and featured several different types of stones and cuts.

Originally created by the French jewelry company, Van Cleef & Arpels, Jackie’s engagement ring boasted both a 2.88 carat weight diamond as well as a 2.84 carat weight emerald. True to Van Cleef & Arpels’ signature French design style, the ring also included several tapered baguettes that accented the main stones with a “flowery” look.

In 1963 the engagement ring was redone, and an additional 2.12 carats of marquise and round cut diamonds were added. The final result was a ring fit for a President’s wife, weighing in at almost 8 carats of diamonds and emeralds.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli Inclusions

Honored Contributor

I would like the pear shaped emerald by itself. 

Honored Contributor

It's beautiful!

One of DD's good friends recently got engaged. (I knew it would probably happen when the two took a vacation alone!) Her fiancé gave her his great-grandmother's ring that he had reset. DD said it's beautiful. I can't wait to see it, but she doesn't live near us. But I think it's wonderful that he gave her a family ring!  Smiley Happy