Honored Contributor

Emerald and Diamond Engagement Ring

This is Megan Fox's (actress) new engagement ring.  Do you like it?  I think it's pretty.

Engagement ring.PNG

Honored Contributor

Re: Emerald and Diamond Engagement Ring

It's a pretty ring, but doesn't look like an engagement ring to me.  More of a cocktail ring.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love the ring! The couple makes me sad for her children. Anyway, I read that diamond is his birthstone and the emerald is hers and the band is thorns

Esteemed Contributor

That's very pretty and the size of the stones is nice too!   For me I wouldn't wear something like that as an engagment ring, I guess I'm just old school.   Now anything goes.  As long as the bride to be is happy that's all that matters.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's a beautiful ring. I am a diamond girl, so a colored stone in my engagement ring would be a no.

Honored Contributor

Not sure!  Different!

I am doubting that is a natural emerald, but possibly lab created.

It is TOO green, too glassy and too clear.

It is almost impossible to have a real emerald look like that.

One guarantee of a natural emerald is if there are naturally included crystals/inclusions of any type.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Megan Fox is drop-dead-gorgeous! ...and so is her ring. I love it.

The design looks like an asymmetrical heart.

Respected Contributor

Beautiful design. Beautiful ring....something different.

Respected Contributor

If Meghan likes it, that is all that matters.  Her ring is not something that I find particularly attractive due to its style, which is asymmetric in shape and in stone type. The emerald looks enhanced or fake, and this is not jealousy on my part, but the fact that I have seen spectacular, gigantic emeralds set in platinum and gold with diamonds galore at the Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C. in their gemstone exhibit, in person, so I have an understanding and an appreciation of what some of the world's  finest emeralds look like. (I am also a self-declared rock hound.)  

Respected Contributor

It is a pretty ring.  The stones seem kind of big for a dainty finger like hers.  If the stones were a little smaller the ring would be a stunner.