Honored Contributor

Re: Emerald Ring In Crazy Rich Asians

@stevieb wrote:

And another emerald stunner... This one supposedly from Jackie Kennedy's collection...

Jackie Kennedy ring

That's her engagement ring from President Kennedy. I saw it on display along with her wedding dress-many years ago at the Kennedy Library. It was a special exhibit.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Michelle Yeoh is wearing Richard Mille's Phoenix watch.  She helped design it.  It costs about $900,000.  

Personally, I like the emerald ring, which is spectacular.  The watch is too large for my taste, and for my wrist.  If the watch were to be scaled down significantly, however, like to 1/3 of its present size, there might be a version of it that might make me drool.  I expecially like the design of Michelle Yeogh's tiger and dragon Richard Mille watch, but again, it would have to be scaled down-- and at a much, much, much, much, much.... lower price!  LOL.

Note: I am very happy with my sleek, round, Bulova Rubaiyat watch with very tiny diamonds.  It keeps great time and suits my needs.  If I can keep it ticking, and if it does not cause me an allergic reaction to the metal in the years ahead, it might just be my last watch purchase.

Honored Contributor

I just found out about a new emerald find from Ethiopia. They rival some of the finest Colombian emeralds with their color and clarity. The prices of this new find is wonderful! JTV has several pieces in gold and they're gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It looks like that deep, rich green that the older emeralds all had.  Not the paler versions that are most available now.

I was "this" close to getting an emerald-cut emerald ring in the ballerina style when on our honeymoon in the 1970s, but he said no.  We could have afforded it then.  Sigh . . .  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

Mothertrucker, your ring is beautiful. It has that nice grassy green color that's so gorgeous.

Wow! The ring Michelle Yeoh owns is incredible. Yes, the emerald has to be very clear to have that cut.

My sister chose an emerald cut diamond for her engagement ring. It took my breath away when I first saw it.

I think emereld cut stones are so elegant.

Valued Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

So interesting! I agree, this ring is amazing and I have been very curious about it since  I saw it- 

I, too am an emerald lover..Here is mine..I cannot even IMAGINE wearing Michelles..WOW! This movie is a must for jewelry lovers..(and others!)emerald 3.jpg

Still my heart! That has to be one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen! 

This is the original ring for the movie.cell phones 2019 056.JPG

Frequent Contributor

@steviebthat is the engagement ring JK wore. It is stunning.

Frequent Contributor

@Mothertruckeryour ring is beautiful!! wear it in good health!!