Frequent Contributor

I think we all should Email QVC about putting back Kirks Folly for this year. I just heard they are not going to have any shows. I hated it when a few years ago they put them on early in the morning and I could not watch them because I live on the east coast, but now not to have them on at all.

I think this may be the beginning of the end for them on QVC. So all you Kirk Folly Fans email or call QVC to put the shows back on.

I am tired of very expensive things items on this chanel now and most of their things are getting beyond my budget.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Email OVC About Kirks Folly

I received an e mail from Jennifer about sending e mail and letters to the Q. She also said call CS ask for a supervisor and also tell to bring back the shows. The more we do this, they might listen, but QVC does not care about customers opinion, I discovered a while back. I have sent e mails and CS has sent them to corporate, and I never got an answer to whatever the problem was and they never solved it. They do not care, people keep buying from them. Better to go to Amazon or the vendor direct.

Super Contributor

There are at least five different threads started here in the jewelry forum! If that doesn't send QVC a message, what will? Did Kirks Folly leave on their own, or did QVC drop them? {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Esteemed Contributor

The email from Jennifer Kirk says they are ready and willing to do the shows. OVC controls the schedule.

I loved watching the shows so much. The costumes and sets were so much fun. I think the last few shows, they cut them back on the sets and such.

I really wish they would and bring them back. A Saturday afternoon show, (including the fun format) even just quarterly, would bring some welcome fun to the usual weekend snooze fest.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Continually scheduling shows the middle of night is bound to decrease sales. I do hope QVC reconsiders and opts to continue the shows scheduling them during the day or early evening.

Super Contributor

I was surprised to read that Louis D./Linea was taken off the air by the Q in 2010 and only brought back because of viewer outcry. I don't wear much KF but my daughter LOVES it and I can always make her happy getting a new magnetic pendant...they are sp pretty, just too young for me. So I'd be up for emailing the Q. It has to be a very large number of customers though. Also, which host worked with them the most? Emailing the host would help. It used to be Judy in the old days.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/17/2014 chprsp said:

Continually scheduling shows the middle of night is bound to decrease sales. I do hope QVC reconsiders and opts to continue the shows scheduling them during the day or early evening.

It is sort of like the which came first the chicken or the egg. However, it is likely that the shows were scheduled middle of night because sales were so bad that not enough people watched or purchased items to make it worth putting the show on during the day.

I know there are several posts on the forum talking about Kirks Folly, but that doesn't mean that it was a profitable line for QVC. It may have been a one point but the popularity probably waned otherwise the shows and offerings would not have been reduced. Personally I never cared for the shows or the jewelry but anyone who is interested can still buy items on their web site or on Ebay (currently thousands of items for sale), or on other sites similar to ebay. Or it may show up on some other shopping channel.

Honored Contributor

Good luck with this, but it seems that QVC is intent on fewer and fewer vendors repeated over and over, and on more and more house brands. It makes for awful programming but there has been enough negative feedback on their current business model on these boards for quite some time and the message I think we can safely take away is that they simply don't care what we think.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I'm afraid that Kirk's Folly has run its' course for now. A lot of people who could afford the KF prices are now holding onto their money due to the economy, job losses, etc. There were a lot of delightful items in their line, but nothing you can't do without when times get tough, and there may not be a big resale market for the KF products.

That being said, I really used to enjoy their shows - charming costumes, happy attitudes, and I especially liked them with Judy Crowell. Yes, that was a long time ago! But obviously of late they didn't sell enough to justify their air time with QVC. Hopefully they will show up on another channel.

Super Contributor

I'm afraid the ship has sailed for Kirk's Folly, as it has for so many older vendors, not just in jewelry. I too had a great time watching their shows and magical sets in what I consider QVC's heyday. I couldn't always afford too much of their jewelry, but I have a nice little collection of their earrings and several charm bracelets and always get tons of compliments when I wear them. I particularly appreciated their gift for translating figures of myth and legend into wearable jewelry (e.g. the Camelot pieces or the Green Man jewelry, which evoked the magic and mystery of the Greenwood). I did continue to watch their shows when they were scheduled in the late night timeslots, even though the feeling wasn't quite the same anymore.

While I wasn't a fanatical Q watcher, there were certain shows I never missed. I used to love the all-day Irish shows and the way they were made to look as if they were set in an Irish pub. I also enjoyed Peyton Kelly's shows about artisan crafted jewelry from around the world - is he even on anymore?

In any case, Q has changed and I've moved on from them and no longer watch. I have written them about KF, because like many customers, I got Jenniefer's email asking to do that, but I doubt it will make any difference. And the way they are now, I'm not even sure that KF would be a good fit anymore.