Occasional Visitor

Has the Elizabeth Taylor jewelry line run it's course?  Unfortunately, I arrived 2 years late and everything seems to have been purchased.  I have been able to pick up some beauties, though...including the Krupp (Burton-Taylor) ring.  I bought Christie's collector's boxed set of Miss Taylor's 'My Love Affair With Jewelry', which has only served to wet my appetite for more jewelry.  Please bring back the 15+ carat emerald ring.  I have the smaller version, and it is lovely.  Can we expect a second chance to purchase some of the sell-outs?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry

It was very strange.  They had a show scheduled 6-8 weeks ago.  They were even running promos for it.  There was not a single item in inventory and the show never happened.  So who knows what's going on? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It was gaudy stuff - E liked everything big and bold - who wears that type today? With those sizes - it had to be screaming - - fake fake.  The guy promoting it certainly wasn't very impressive to me.  Probably lost his shirt in the deal.

Honored Contributor

There used to be Jackie Kennedy Onnasis jewelry shows, too. Like all else on the Q, if it didn't bring in the big bucks...Oh well, we know the rest.

Valued Contributor

Try E*Bay.  Many Q items eventually end up there. 

Valued Contributor

it usually dont have good stuff

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

There used to be Jackie Kennedy Onnasis jewelry shows, too. Like all else on the Q, if it didn't bring in the big bucks...Oh well, we know the rest.

No that's not true. The Jacqueline Kennedy Collection was very popular and had a couple TSVs (Kunzite Ring, watch) but in 2014 all pieces were retired. The rumor is that Caroline ended the line after a negative piece was published about it on Page Six.

The Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Collection seems popular on QVC UK. They had a two-hour show earlier this year and 20 more items in inventory than QVC US has. I assume QVC has a show when they have the inventory. Such is the case with the Princess Grace Jewelry Collection on QVC UK. They just had a couple shows on Sunday with Phil Katz, but unfortunately they can't get enough in inventory to do a show on QVC US.