Respected Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry ...will it sell?

On 12/12/2014 Goldie76 said:
On 12/12/2014 Issiestorm said:

Even back in the days when the Q was still fun to watch and had good variety, it was already an elephant burial ground for celebrities who were no longer pulling big bucks in the entertainment field. Susan Lucci, Victoria Principal, Priscilla Presley, I'm sure there were a lot more. Raquel Welch had a jewelry line that didn't last long, can't remember if it was on QVC or HSN. Liz Taylor is no longer with us, but I have a feeling that her line will go the way of all the aforementioned, none of which lasted. I think the main reason the JBK line did as well as it did was at least partly due to Philip Katz and his entertaining anecdotes that detailed the mystique of the Kennedy years.

I agree with your assessment. Philip Katz did much to capture the audience's attention and imagination. And, of course, Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis was such a fascinating and fashionable person in her own right. I loved Liz, but a fashion giant she wasn't. Make no mistake, she was drop-dead gorgeous and clothed in seductive outfits, but she was never a fashion icon. Not many could attain her particular look that was built on Hollywood glamour and her hour-glass figure (in the best of times).

On the other hand, Onassis had the long and lean look of many models and exquisite, more classic taste. (I actually liked her best when she went through her Pucci/dramatic gold jewelry phase with Onassis, though.) Many more people could identify with her almost boyish build, I think. Throw in the entire Onassis mystique, and you have got a showstopper.

Liz's ship has sailed, I think. If she had sold her jewelery when she was alive and during her initial White Diamonds perfume initiative, it might have had more of a chance, especially during the the '80s.

[ETA: I should write that I hope I am wrong and my thoughts are just so much blather. The economic times are rough, and if anything, business success should be applauded and encouraged. If there are many out there who love the new Liz line, I hope you buy it and enjoy it. Up with the economy!]

She did sell her jewelry and Kathy Ireland helped her. I think that's when they should have brought her line to QVC. After all, she sold pieces through Avon.
Trusted Contributor

The vendor they have for this is awful. Lisa is doing a great job. I loved the guy who did the JR jewelry but this guy is nervous, stiff and doesn't know to sell his products. To be honest it's too niche and black tie. I actually thought the Audrey Hepburn line was better on hsn.
Respected Contributor

The jewelry is getting a great introduction fro Lisa R.

Respected Contributor

Liz Taylor's perfume is one of the best selling perfumes of all time.

Respected Contributor

I think it's interesting and a lot of fun to watch. Much of her jewelry has interesting back stories. Please don't be a killjoy. I watched the JBK shows for years and bought a stunning daytime watch.

A percentage goes to her foundation for AIDS. She was a very smart businesswoman and a fearless philanthropist.

Kenneth Jay Lane sold his jewelry through Avon for many years.

Respected Contributor

On 12/12/2014 ellaphant said:
On 12/11/2014 Q2girl said: The stones in the Ruby necklace are Diamonique.

Still glass, still fake.

This line looks as fake as the JBK line. The only lovely piece from the JBK line were the 3 strand glass pearls.

I have to say that I don't see anything in this line that I am interested in buying. I prefer the look of the JBK line (even if it was fake). Your opinion may be that the only lovely piece was the pearls, but IMO I liked the brooches since I happen to like pins. Have several and wear them all the time.

Honored Contributor

On 12/12/2014 JONNYSBRO said: The vendor they have for this is awful. Lisa is doing a great job. I loved the guy who did the JR jewelry but this guy is nervous, stiff and doesn't know to sell his products. To be honest it's too niche and black tie. I actually thought the Audrey Hepburn line was better on hsn.

Whoever trained this vendor needs to be whipped in the back yard.

This is where Lisa earns her salary.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

On 12/12/2014 VaBelle35 said:
On 12/12/2014 JONNYSBRO said: The vendor they have for this is awful. Lisa is doing a great job. I loved the guy who did the JR jewelry but this guy is nervous, stiff and doesn't know to sell his products. To be honest it's too niche and black tie. I actually thought the Audrey Hepburn line was better on hsn.

Whoever trained this vendor needs to be whipped in the back yard.

This is where Lisa earns her salary.

LOL now that would be incentive for someone to be far better than he is! Lisa is doing pretty well keeping it on track. I know not everyone likes her but she's good at what she does and I'll miss seeing her on air.

Honored Contributor

Seems a lot to pay for fake jewelry. $700 for a necklace? Ouch. When jewelry is big, bold & inspired from real, chances are the only person it looks good on is the original inspiration. Anyone else? Just looks 'costumey'.

'
Super Contributor

I'm actually enjoying the show. Love the stories. Surprisingly I like some of the pieces...the coin bangles and the wedding earrings, to name a few.