Honored Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry ...will it sell?

The Taylor pieces are much too garish for costume jewelry.

Respected Contributor

I really don't care for these celebrity lines. I guess they think that if they tell some star studded stories like with the Kennedy stuff (never saw the appeal in that stuff either) they expect it to sell. I'd rather see some good jewelry in precious metals and gemstones.

Honored Contributor

What I'm seeing with the exception of the plain gold earrings and the cross necklace are gaudy IMO. I'd never have an occasion to wear any of the stuff nor would I want to.

And plated over brass is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

But then I don't really care for these lines of jewelry for the most part. When the Jacqueline Kennedy collection was on HSN, I did buy that wedding bangle for a steal and I really liked it and still wear it once in awhile. It's held up well.

Honored Contributor

Plated over brass , doesn't sound good

Honored Contributor

There's a ""ruby"" necklace for $700. Where do you wear something like that? Do you display it?

Super Contributor

The price on that ruby necklace is outrageous. $700 for costume jewelry?
Regular Contributor

I saw that ruby necklace and for $695.00 (I don't care if it's on easy pay), and it's silver tone over brass, are you kidding me? The Q must think we've not paying attention to this mess. I'd rather spend my money on real stones and precious metal, or just do without.

Honored Contributor

Those prices are outrageous. However, you guys should know by now that there are many QVC customers who will pay anything if they want something - with no regard to if it is value for the money or not.

Honored Contributor

On 12/11/2014 MarthaStewardess said:

I really don't care for these celebrity lines. I guess they think that if they tell some star studded stories like with the Kennedy stuff (never saw the appeal in that stuff either) they expect it to sell. I'd rather see some good jewelry in precious metals and gemstones.

Totally agree. Not a fan of any of these ""celebrity"" lines.

This one seems particularly garish IMO.

Respected Contributor

The stones in the Ruby necklace are Diamonique.