Valued Contributor

Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry ...will it sell?

I just checked the items to see what is being offered and I see the pieces are silvertone plated brass! I was hoping they would at least be in sterling or gold plated as are the JR pieces...and the stones are not even Diamonique so I have to wonder if they will sell when a ring is $140.00! And all her items are not for casual wear...probably will not watch.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry ...will it sell?

I doubt it very much and have wondered why the Q even considered taking this line. Elizabeth was loved by SOME people but not in the public eye like J Kennedy.

Honored Contributor

I don't know anybody that would wear that kind of jewelry. One of the rings has a stone that's 32 carats.

Respected Contributor

Think it is going to depend who and how it is presented. If they use one of their senior hosts like MBR or Antonella, who can identify with Elizabeth Taylor era and their is a good rep presenting and telling the stories behind it then it will sell. Don't understand why the hosts have not been wearing and promoting the jewelry line. If it is presented the way the Hepburn Jewelry was presented (very boring) then it will likely tank.
Honored Contributor

Her jewelry was always too over the top for me, even though I know it was real. Fake jewelry that size? No way.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Time will tell, Junera. Elizabeth had a lot of very large gemstones in her collection of jewelry. Her perfume used to do well at department stores. If her perfume is still selling, it may indicate there will be a market for these jewelry items as well.

Super Contributor

My question is...what kind of person wears this?
Respected Contributor

On 12/11/2014 AnnaBella said: My question is...what kind of person wears this?
People may not purchase to wear, some may want to collect some pieces though. When I hear people say they collect crosses, butterfly's, etc., to me it does not necessarily mean they wear them.
Regular Contributor

I seen the pieces (which aren't many) unless they plan to put more on display. But it's way to over the top and the materials used don't seem like they would wear well, with what metals they are using. Costume jewelry that's just too huge and gaudy to try to look real. This line really doesn't interest me. I know some ladies like the look of big bold jewels, so maybe it will have some following.

Super Contributor

Silvertone over brass??? Not for me (at those prices) I only saw 10 items listed (and 2 were books) Not much of a selection.......(unless more will be added tomw).