Super Contributor

Re: ~ Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Collection (12/12 at 8 p.m.) ~ Camrose & Kross? Anyone know? ~

On 12/2/2014 dooBdoo said:

Out of curiosity I found a "contact us" on Camrose & Kross's website and asked about this collection. Unfortunately, it's not theirs. So I guess we'll continue to wonder about the new line Phil Katz mentioned.

Even so, it'll be interesting to see this new jewelry. Anything new on QVC will be welcome at this point.{#emotions_dlg.blink}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

The collection Katz was referring to may have been the Audrey Hepburn one which migrated to HSN, as Camrose & Kross is involved in that. But Katz isn't presenting it there for some reason. I hope they bring him back as her son isn't really a good presenter...

Respected Contributor

Re: ~ Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Collection (12/12 at 8 p.m.) ~ Camrose & Kross? Anyone know? ~

On 12/4/2014 Hibi said:
On 12/2/2014 dooBdoo said:

Out of curiosity I found a "contact us" on Camrose & Kross's website and asked about this collection. Unfortunately, it's not theirs. So I guess we'll continue to wonder about the new line Phil Katz mentioned.

Even so, it'll be interesting to see this new jewelry. Anything new on QVC will be welcome at this point.{#emotions_dlg.blink}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

The collection Katz was referring to may have been the Audrey Hepburn one which migrated to HSN, as Camrose & Kross is involved in that. But Katz isn't presenting it there for some reason. I hope they bring him back as her son isn't really a good presenter...

I didn't know C & K were behind the Audrey Helburn jewelry on HSN. I thought the presentations were boring.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Valued Contributor

I don't think Hepburn had pierced ears. All the earrings I ever saw her wear in films were clip-ons. The J-hook clips were very obvious in Breakfast at Tiffany's. All HSN's earring offerings were pierced.
Respected Contributor

On 12/8/2014 rac71 said: I don't think Hepburn had pierced ears. All the earrings I ever saw her wear in films were clip-ons. The J-hook clips were very obvious in Breakfast at Tiffany's. All HSN's earring offerings were pierced.

Weren't pierced ears uncommon ""back in the day"" though?

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Super Contributor

On 12/8/2014 rac71 said: I don't think Hepburn had pierced ears. All the earrings I ever saw her wear in films were clip-ons. The J-hook clips were very obvious in Breakfast at Tiffany's. All HSN's earring offerings were pierced.

No they had clip-on earrings as well. Audrey did not have pierced ears...

Regular Contributor

Well a ring is up - it's J319816 The Elizabeth Taylor 33.19 cttw Simulated Diamond Ring. It's huge - I wonder how many people will want a ring that big. There's also a profile photo of her wearing a pear of earrings - perhaps copies of the earrings will be on sale and they are a bit more believable for non-famous women to wear. I plan to keep an eye on the Q as Thursday approaches and maybe they will list more of what they plan to sell.

Honored Contributor

Will be a good show. I will enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/29/2014 BonnieBelle said:

Maybe that's why they dumped Kennedy, for a more profitable line??

Camrose did not dump Kennedy. The Kennedy family and foundation made it extremely difficult and brought great pressure to bear for the company to stop producing the Jacqueline collection. They really disliked her jewelry being mass produced and mass marketed. They more or less put a halt to it - through licensing rights, etc.

Honored Contributor

I don't tend to buy costume or simulated jewelry but at this point I'm all for anything even remotely different, especially jewelry related, being scheduled on air with QVC. It's been a jewelry desert for far too long. You have to hope some interesting stores will accompany the jewelry as they did with the Kennedy line... One can only imagine that the stories involving Liz are potentially pretty interesting...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 12/9/2014 stevieb said:

I don't tend to buy costume or simulated jewelry but at this point I'm all for anything even remotely different, especially jewelry related, being scheduled on air with QVC. It's been a jewelry desert for far too long. You have to hope some interesting stores will accompany the jewelry as they did with the Kennedy line... One can only imagine that the stories involving Liz are potentially pretty interesting...

I agree with everything you wrote, stevieb.

I just noticed there are 3 items listed, so it looks like they're in the process of populating the site with the new offerings:

J319823

J319816

J319822

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova