Honored Contributor

~ Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Collection (12/12 at 8 p.m.) ~ Camrose & Kross? Anyone know? ~

I just noticed this on the Program Guide. This is the first I've heard of it -- anyone know more about this new line? Could it be the next Camrose & Kross project Phil Katz mentioned in his last shows?

~~~~~~

The Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Collection
Friday, December 12, 2014
08:00 - 10:00 PM EST

"Admired for her stunning beauty, award-winning film career and captivating private life, Elizabeth Taylor also had a passion for jewelry and owned one of the world's preeminent collections. Her jewels played a starring role in her life and she dazzled in them both on and off screen.

Now, QVC® is honored to bring you The Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Collection, inspired by original pieces from her legendary collection and the fascinating stories behind them.

From designs she wore glamorously on the silver screen to prominent historical pieces given to her by famous friends and the men who loved her, the collection reflects her extraordinary appreciation of jewelry and features meticulously crafted styles inspired by some of her most spectacular pieces. Indulge your love of jewelry with The Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Collection... inspired by her life, designed for yours."

(program guide week 12/8 through 12/14: http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProgramGuideWeeklyView?storeId=10251&TimeZoneSelect=ES...)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Re: ~ Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Collection (12/12 at 8 p.m.) ~ Camrose & Kross? Anyone know? ~

I tried Googling but I can't find anything on this. QVC doesn't have any jewelry pieces listed so far.

I'd love to see Mr. Katz returning though.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Re: ~ Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Collection (12/12 at 8 p.m.) ~ Camrose & Kross? Anyone know? ~

Thanks for posting this. Finally a show to look forward to. Wonder who the host will be. Hope the prices are not outrageous.
Super Contributor

I have the book about her jewelry collection that came out years ago. I was wondering if there would ever be a line of this sort, she certainly was known for her jewelry. Audrey Hepburn apparently had a line which was presented on HSN (I didn't see it) but I don't associate her with jewelry at all, even though she was a very elegant and glamorous lady.

Honored Contributor

I also bought that book on ET's jewelry (the other ET), I got it for $10.00 on a local online auction. Some of those pieces are so spectacular its hard to envision them toned down. I'll be watching

Honored Contributor

I've wondered for some time if Liz Taylor might be the next 'big' simulated line... Certainly, Liz was better known for her jewelry collection than were Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly, other names that were bantered about. When the Hepburn collection seemed to migrate from QVC to HSN, I thought at the time that this might be in the works... I don't do a lot of 'simulated' but will be very interested to see it presented, and the stories should be fascinating, to say the least!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

KJL did some of these pieces.

Super Contributor

I wonder if there's any chance that one of her children will be presenting this. From what I understand, one of Audrey Hepburn's sons handled her collection at HSN.

I remember those chandelier earrings from the early 60's. They seemed to be her favorite earrings at one time and every time I saw her featured in a magazine she had them on.

Trusted Contributor

Just had a thought - the 12th is Lisa Robertson's last day - wonder if she will be the host for this? She would be perfect!

I doubt any of Elizabeth's kids will be on - they have avoided the spotlight all their lives.

Am a lifelong ET fan, looking forward to this program!

Super Contributor

I'm also looking forward to it. In the book, a lot of her jewelry seems way over the top for everyday wear, but there are also pieces that are actually quite nice, some from when she was very young. There are several gold charm bracelets and also some critter pins (dragonflies mostly) that are very pretty.

Yeah, I think you're right about her kids.