Regular Contributor

Ebay question. Please advise.

I rarely buy anything from ebay so I am not familiar with the policies. I purchased a jewelry item worth $400 from ebay. Before I purchased I asked the seller a couple of questions and the seller said that he has a 14 day return policy and if I did not like it he will take it back. Long story short I got the item and decided to return as it was not what I was expecting. I confirmed the address with the seller and insured the item, got the tracking and sent it. It was supposed to be delivered on February 10 and the postal service could not since the seller was not available for the signature. I emailed the seller and he assured me that he will make sure that he is available on the Feb 11th. Yesterday which was Feb 11th I sent him emails for the update if he has received or collected the package. Did not get any response. Checked the tracking and the package is still with the post office. What should I do now? Thanks for the input ladies.
Honored Contributor

Re: Ebay question. Please advise.

You need to go to the ebay site and read up about your rights . If that doesn't answer your question then call ebay and have all your info ready. they will walk you thru it all and are usually very helpful. I've had to go to battle with a couple of sellers and got my money back this way.

Esteemed Contributor

Give it a little time. Hopefully you used Paypal and you will always have protection through them.

Regular Contributor

On 2/12/2014 colliegirls said:

Give it a little time. Hopefully you used Paypal and you will always have protection through them.

Yes I did use paypal.
Super Contributor

Was there a problem with the item, or did you just not like it?

You can file a claim through ebay and paypal and you will get your money back.

Ebay is an auction site, and asking for your money back because you didn't like an item does not seem right to me. If an item is not as described, or is broken I have requested a refund. I have never requested a refund for an item that I just didn't like.

Frequent Contributor

Please give it a little time. It was only yesterday that you said it would be delivered. Sometimes the post office does not redeliver immediately or maybe he was not able to pick it up because of weather or something. You are protected because of paypal and you sent it back insured with the permission of the seller. It may take him a few days for him to process your return. No need to worry just yet.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with Daisypap, give it a few more days. No need to worry just yet.

Occasional Contributor

ohhh..those great prices on e-bay(I usually do the "buy it now"). But I've found the service overall is a little sketchy. To keep people using their service, e-bay will usually negotiate a refund between you and the seller, if you can't initially work it out yourself. There are so many better places to shop with easier policies. My experience has been, unless the item is fairly inexpensive, it just doesn't seem to be worth the hassel. Getting my blood pressure up worry about if I'll be credited my more expensive purchases. If you shop there more often, you'll make your own decision whether or not you'll continue buying there. Good Luck!!

Super Contributor

I only buy from sellers who have a 100% approval and who have many sales.
Super Contributor

Today is 2/19.Hope it was delivered by now. (: