Honored Contributor

Earrings, and what are they called?

[ Edited ]

I have a few pairs of pierced earrings that have stable clicks and stable parts that make them click into place when I wear them.   I have one pair by Heidi Daus, another pair by Brighton and one pair of the enameled earrings is by Lauren G Adams, J389149.  The jewelry is somewhat expensive for fashion jewelry but very good quaity. What are they called?  I want to others with the same closure but never know what to ask for.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Earrings, and what are they called?

@Nonametoday wrote:

I have a few pairs of pierced earrings that have stable clicks and stable parts that make them click into place when I wear them.   I have one pair by Heidi Daus, another pair by Brighton and one pair of the enameled earrings is by Lauren G Adams, J389149.  The jewelry is somewhat expensive for fashion jewelry but very good quaity. What are they called?  I want to others with the same closure but never know what to ask for.  

——-

I am not sure I understand, but are you possibly describing snap bar closures?

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday  In the description of the Lauren G. Adams earrings you posted, it says that they're called snap bar closures.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I think those kinds of hoops are called several things, one is hinged or post-lock hoops. I prefer the kind that are hinged and have a push-lock tab on the back side of the hoop so they never come loose...like these:

prod_19101586507.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   @NickNack  @KailaS 

Thank you, Ladies.  That is exactly what they are called.  I could not think of them when I was describing to my DIL the earrings I like best.  We were at dinner and that was not the kind I had on but we were talking jewelry and fashion, as is usual once we get past the grandkids.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think those kinds of hoops are called several things, one is hinged or post-lock hoops. I prefer the kind that are hinged and have a push-lock tab on the back side of the hoop so they never come loose...like these:

prod_19101586507.jpg

You're right.  I knew it wasn't snap bar.  My diamond hoop earrings have that push lock tab.  They are so secure.  You put them on and they aren't going anywhere until you take them off.  

Occasional Contributor

Glad you bring up earring backing/closure.  Anyone else notice that very often the earring backs are not shown on TV when displaying them?  I only buy ones with certain types of closures and I hate not being able to tell from the on-air presentation.  QVC hosts, please correct this!

Honored Contributor

It says right there in the description that are snap bar closures. Why are you asking?

Honored Contributor

I think she wants to buy more.  Chuck Clemency calls these clicker backs and I've adopted that name.  Your ear will come off before these let loose.