Honored Contributor

Re: Earrings For Professional Photos

I'm not worried about the dress, I'll have an alternate choice and ask the photographer. I just wanted to wear outfits we were going to wear to something special and couldn't but it's not necessry. As I already said, my Mother is wearing a black jacket with silver accents.

My mother is very ill, so it will be a very short session and I'm sure the photographer will be sensitive to that and to our situation. She's obviously not looking her best so for the sake of my mother's feelings about how she looks, no extreme closeups either.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Trusted Contributor

@nana59wrote:

i would wear a stud earring...so it doesn't compete with the pattern of the dress...jmo..beautiful dress....

I was just thinking the same thing: small to medium diamond studs.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygalwrote:

white pearls, maybe you both could wear pearls, small pearl necklaces and earrings.

oooooooh, I like that too! Pearls are always so elegant .But maybe only one of you should wear pearls; as one of my favorite hosts says, you don't wamt tp be too "matchy-matchy".

Valued Contributor

That's a stunning dress, @Greeneyedlady21!  Perhaps you should try going to stores and holding them up to your ear to see how they look and how well they show.  The ones you've chosen are lovely.  What came to mind to me was a good-sized faux diamond stud earring, but I'm not sure whether that would show.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 What a lovely thing you are doing with your mother....got me teared up. The dress is beautiful..... What a wonderful daughter you are...Best wishes for a successful shoot and to your dear mother and her health.... Heart

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Keep a few earrings (styles) with you for the shoot...the photographer should/may advise what is best for you both..... Gosh, I'm taken a back...

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

All your choices are pretty.  I was thinking white pearls but obviously that is not the look you want.   The only thing I will add is buy something you will wear again with other things in your closet. 

I'v bought special earrings and only wore them once.  Seems like a shame.  I have no daughters to gift them to.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

What about something like these?

They are sterling silver with butterfly inserts.

Choice of stones in the middle-

Respected Contributor

I would wear something dangly, elongated but not big or too bold, because your dress has enough going on.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@cbrite Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"