Trusted Contributor

Re: Earrings For Professional Photos

I really love the dress you chose and especially like the Givenchy earrings to go with it.

I think it's lovely that you are doing this with your mother and that you'll have a truly beautiful momento of the life and love you share!

Honored Contributor

I think the earrings you chose are beautiful!  

I think those who are suggesting a stud don't realize that you might as well not wear any earrings at all.  I also have brunette hair that's just above my shoulder and small earrings are covered by my hair.  I like to wear earrings that peak out from under my hair to add a little sparkle to my face.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 Exactly, nothing shows. For me that's the trade off for wanting my hair to cover my ears. I just wear earrings that will show more.

Thinking of these for my Mom. From Amazon, five star reviews. She does own small diamond and Diamonique studs. 

91VQNlbD8AL._UX500_.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe these for me, very inexpensive from Etsy. If I wear the black dress that's more simple, I would wear a crystal earring. I think the photographer knows best. 

shopping.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Just ordered the butterfly earrings for my Mom, only $45! 

Considering these for me, one reviewer said they're great with her dark hair

download (1).jpeg

Honored Contributor

I was going to say white gold ball studs but since you want them to show, how about 1 1/2 inch white gold hoops?  I'm thinking the Givenchy are so detailed people will spend time studying them instead of taking in the entire tableau.  Better yet, bring two sets of earrings with you and have some shots taken with each pair.  Your photographer will have an opinion, I'm sure.  The dress is georgeous, by the way.

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21,

Wow! Love the dress, you are right with such an amazing outfit you do not need huge anything.

I would wear a pair of some classy studs or pearls, however you are a fashionista and are going to look superb🌻

Respected Contributor

How about Kendra Scott earrings, they would look nice in the color of the dress; black or white. 

Super Contributor

greeneyedlady, The dress is beautiful I like the pearl drop earrings you are considering. I think they will go beautifully with the dress. Love what you are doing with your mom. Have a great photo shoot with her and try to enjoy every moment with your mom.
Trusted Contributor

No; those are very pretty but not appropriate for a business/professional type photograph. The earrings should be elegant and understated, in my never-to-be-humnle opinion Woman Wink