Contributor

I used to wear my hoop earrings every day but since the pandemic I slowly stopped wearing makeup and putting on my jewelry. I decided to get dressed up for Christmas and realized my piercing had closed up. I was able to insert my thin wire hoop in one ear but the other was completely closed.  I worked on it for a long while and finally was able to slip it in from the back to front.   It does ache a bit but I am determined to wear my earrings.  I just wanted to post a reminder to wear your jewelry and enjoy even if you are the only one to see you wearing it.

Super Contributor

Re: Earlobe piercing closed up

FYI   try to clean ear piercing as may get infected now as happened to me once when I had to try multiple times to get the earring in after leaving earrings out for a while 

Esteemed Contributor

Keep working on that hole.  Remember to use disinfectant as needed.

I have some that are older than dirt and they shrink, but do not close.  Also have 20 year olds with issues 🤣

Hard with staying in and wearing masks.

Respected Contributor

Every time you take your mask off, reach back and check that your earring is still  there and securely closed.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I love earrings, and I wear them every day no matter what outfit I'm sporting. Earrings and lip gloss make me feel like I haven't given up.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I wear hoops and never take them off because of the holes, especially on one ear, closing.  Unlike most people, my best friend in high school pierced mine with a sewing needle, and I think that is why I have a real problem with them closing.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought some very small thin bendable endless stainless hoops. I leave them in. They fit close to my earlobe. Order them by mm size. 

images.jpg

They open up like this, no latch or anything to catch on things.

download.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reminder. I have not worn earrings since April. I use to wear them everyday, but they are too much of a hassle IMO with the masks.

I immediately went into my jewelry cabinet took out a pair and will wear them for a few hours. No problems, they went right in.

Esteemed Contributor

Good point.  I've been wearing mine right along.  Though I live in my dangle earrings (in a normal life) as I have short hair.  I have switched over to my studs just because it's so much easier and not so likely to lose them.    Fortunately I have quite the collection of earrings.

Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I wear hoops and never take them off because of the holes, especially on one ear, closing.  Unlike most people, my best friend in high school pierced mine with a sewing needle, and I think that is why I have a real problem with them closing.

@SXMGirl 

I think that's why I do not have a problems with mine closing. My grandmother told me that my mom pierced mine with a sewing needle when i was a baby.