Honored Contributor

EARRINGS CATCHING ON MASK LOOPS?

I was in a parking structure the other day and a woman a few spaces down was trying to take off her mask and it was caught on her earrings.  She was struggling!   

I haven't worn earrings since the covid thing began, and yesterday found it a little hard to get the posts in.  Since I usually wear a bolder earring (can't wear necklaces) I'm now looking for a smaller earring I can wear 24/7, at least for a few months.  Something that won't catch on mask loops.

Question .....  If you wear earrings regularly, what style is easiest and doesn't catch on mask loops?

I was thinking of getting either a small leverback earring, or perhaps a huggie hoop.   I don't like sleeping with stud earrings since the post digs into skin if sleeping on my side.

So .......  please offer your thoughts, feedback, suggestions .... and anything that has worked for you.   

TIA!

Trusted Contributor

Re: EARRINGS CATCHING ON MASK LOOPS?

I wear med-lg earrings and I put the mask straps underneath where the earring hangs down and I've never had a problem with the mask strings getting stuck on my earrings.

Esteemed Contributor

On the days when I go out and need to wear a mask I only wear my Diamonique studs. They seem to work best with the mask.

Valued Contributor

I wear small hoops.  No backs to lose.

Honored Contributor

I wear either stud or "button" earrings and hoops that have a clasp not backs.  I stay away from any that "hook" into my ear.  

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I wear small hoops daily and have had no problems.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Gold earrings skinny bar thin dangle chain lightweight 3.5" long dangly linear

I wear LONG gold chain earrings with no problem with a mask

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I wear either hoops or leverbacks. 

Respected Contributor

Lost 2 earrings because of this so now when I put my mask on I take my thumbs and pull the lower mask loop string down and around my lower earlobe and earring.Then check it. So far so good but be aware that masks do eat earrings like washing machines eat socks.

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I wear med-lg earrings and I put the mask straps underneath where the earring hangs down and I've never had a problem with the mask strings getting stuck on my earrings.

I do the same and never had a problem...I wear earrings everyday.