Honored Contributor

Duchess Kate's Borrowed Bracelet

She was at a gala dinner last night and wore this diamond quatrefoil bracelet for the first time. Borrowed from the Queen, the Queen Mother wore it too. The Queen inherited it when she died.

Quatrefoil is a four lobed design popular in art and architecture. 

I think that bracelet is gorgeous and looks perfect with her lace DVF dress. The earrings are also borrowed from the Queen, they're known as the diamond pendant earrings. I know which earrings they are, they're beautiful. If you can zoom the photos you can see both pieces in better detail.

Kate is looking very well too, hopefully she's feeling better.

Kate-Freud-Centre-DVF-Zarita-Nov-7-2017-FRANK-AUGSTEIN-AFP-Getty-888-x-632.jpgKate-Zarita-Freud-Centre-Nov-7-2017-rex-features-555-x-850.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate's Borrowed Bracelet

Kate looks beautiful, as always.  I adore her and William, and their kids, and Harry too!  I wish Princess Diana was still on this earth to be with all of them. I love how William keeps his mothers memory alive,  especially with George and Charlotte.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is a David Yurman quatrefoil bangle in sterling. $1200. I'll take Her Majesty's😊

172476013052_2.JPG

Honored Contributor

I like the fashion photos you unearth for us, @Greeneyedlady21. That bracelet looks luscious.  The Queen Mum had some fabulous jewelry-- lucky, lucky Kate!  Unlike some of the other royal jewels, the Queen Mum had a number of Art Deco items, like a trio of geometric diamond and gemstone (ruby, sapphire, emerald) bracelets. And I think there was an Art Deco leaf brooch that she probably passed down to Elizabeth II.  To drool over!

Kate does look well here.

Honored Contributor

Another diamond bracelet she borrowed from the Queen last year. Omg.

3759c8c04f7c2ad8e2234d140934606c--queen-mother-queen-mary.jpg

Honored Contributor

All of the jewelry is very beautiful. I am no longer interested in my own good jewelry.I don't know why the change but I wish I had the money I spent instead.I wonder if the Queen still enjoys her pieces?

Trusted Contributor

@dex, I totally agree with you.  I don't know why I stopped wearing my pieces, but I know it has been close to 2 years since I've worn any jewelry!  I only go to the grocery store and doctor's office, mostly, but I never put on my jewelry!   I could have saved a lot of money back in the late 90's, when I got on a jewelry spending spree!  LOL

Honored Contributor

I thought she was pregnant w/baby #3?

Fake news?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not fake news, due to her bad morning sickness, the Palace announced it perhaps a month ago. I heard it might be an April baby but the due date was not announced.

Esteemed Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

@dex, I totally agree with you.  I don't know why I stopped wearing my pieces, but I know it has been close to 2 years since I've worn any jewelry!  I only go to the grocery store and doctor's office, mostly, but I never put on my jewelry!   I could have saved a lot of money back in the late 90's, when I got on a jewelry spending spree!  LOL

My DIL is not interested in gorgeous, expensive jewelry. I own a lot. My husband traveled to Thailand in the 1980's and 90's with his work . . . and brought back most of my priceless pieces. My biggest problem is: what so do with these treasures? How do I turn them into cash? I'm 69 and no longer go places where I dress up and wear them! Crazy, but like you, I think it would be much smarter to turn it into cash and invest the money. Where would one start to sell such expensive jewelry? Due to health reasons, I'm unable to travel. (If I could travel, I'd sell them in the CA, NYC or Seattle markets!)

Money screams; wealth whispers.