Honored Contributor

I had never heard of Druzy until I watched QVC.   I have never heard any designer mention that if the stone gets wet it will darken permanently.  Well, of course, I forgot I was wearing the ring and washed my hands.  Yes, it is darker permanently and lost some of its raggedness from the stone.  The ring still looks good but it is not the same, not as pretty.  Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

You apparently don't get around much.  The first time I saw drusy was about 15 years ago on what is now Evine.  It has been all over the shopping channels but is now somewhat of a "has been".  It was slow coming to QVC as most new jewelry trends are, and the fad was all but passed when it arrived.  Same with spinel.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Kachina624, No, I am not a shopping network queen. Only started watching the Q maybe 6 years ago.
kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I think it was popular during the last recession...........I tend to curb my impulses when the market gets "iffy"...........so that's probably why I don't have any druzy.................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 along with the colors of gold fad.  Remember that?  Chocolate gold, purple gold, red gold, blue etc.

Honored Contributor

And then it went to black spinel this and black spinel that ....

OH !! .... and did you know that the Sleeping Beauty Mine is closed?  LOL

Honored Contributor

I always thought that druzy made a better home decor item than jewelry stone.

You know, like one of those geodes you can display if you're into that sort of thing.

Super Contributor

I know druzy is kinda a "has been" but I dont go with trends - just what I love - and I love the sparkle of druzy and had no idea that it would get darker when wet- I assume it will not stay darker - seems odd to me

Honored Contributor

I have some druzy stones in artisan pendants.  I also sold fine jewelry for five years.  In my experience, I would never put druzy in a ring.  It appears to be very delicate.  This is similar to mine.

Image result for wire wrapped pendants with druzy stones

Super Contributor

I have a couple of druzy rings and am very rough with my jewelry and nothing has ever happened to them