Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

“Logo used since 2010

Diamonique is the brand name used by television shopping network ...for their cubic zirconia simulated colorless diamond, simulated colored diamond, and simulated colored gemstone jewelry (cubic zirconia is a common type of gemstone substitute).[1] QVC acquired the manufacturing facilities, proprietary technology and trade name rights from MSB Industries, Inc. in 1988.[2][3] Starting in April 2001, QVC began a limited distribution of Diamonique jewelry at  T...get retail locations.[4] In the 1990s, Diamonique jewelry made up approximately 5% of QVC's sales,[5] yet as of 2017 sales have declined.[6]”

Quoted from Wikipedia entry entitled “Diamonique”

What's your point?

Honored Contributor

I don't disagree but it's apples vs oranges.

Moissanite is not a cubic zirconia.

There's a market out there for good quality, affordable CZs.

And there's the market for moissanite

I would hate to lose a moissanite piece, but a CZ - meh!

@Kachina624 wrote:

I lost all interest in Diamonique or any other CZ when I received my first Moissanite piece over 10 years ago.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I agree........I used to LOVE Diamonique. The styles are huge and unrealistic looking, almost gaudy. The quality of the stones looks so fake too. The old Diamonique company made a far better stone. Also, they don't make half sizes, so none of the rings fit me. I usually buy my CZ's from JTV or eBay. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

I've always wanted a Moissanite solitaire, but still a tad too pricey for me.  Can you tell me how Moissanite differs from Diamonique?  I've not bought jewelry in years and have always been curious.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@pommom.  The difference is better seen than described.  Moissanite is much more sparkly, even more than a diamond, and doesn't have that empty stark white, glassy look.  Has more depth.  If you're ever in JC Penney, they carry it and you can get a look.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Done with Diamonique

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

Thanks a bunch for the JCP lead!  I see a trip in the near future.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Totally off topic.  Is that your collie?  What a beauty!  

I had a Sheltie for 15 years.  She was the smartest, gentlest, dearest companion.  Miss her.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@pommom. Yes, that's  Jett who died about 4 years ago.  I got involved with collie rescue and had a series of collies, a couple shelties and several Aussies.  I can no longer handle the big dogs so I've  got a mutt who's a wonderful dog and a mini Aussie who's a brat. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Thanks so much for taking care of our furbabies who have yet to find a forever home.  You're doing the work of the angels.

Do you follow Nic & Pancho on youtube?  Check it out.  So funny and endearing.  He's a great little chihuahau (does yoga - honest!).

Trusted Contributor

I still buy Diamonique, but I think Absolute on HSN is better.  I have never tried Bella Luce, but I have read that it is even better still (JTV).