Honored Contributor

Re: Don't bother w/ jewelery reps when Jane is hosting.

I like Jane as a host very much.  In fact, I'll sometimes watch the program because Jane is hosting, not because I already know I'll want to buy something in the show.

She has energy, humor, comes thoroughly prepared, and I always get the information I need.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sylanne wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Jane is one of the hosts I just can not watch.  Too much talking.  Too hyped up 110% of the time.  I don't care to hear about her family or theater or Disney from her.  It is like she has to constantly tell everyone how wonderful her life is.  Talk about what you are selling and let the vendors have some breathing room to speak.

I sometimes wonder if Jane has some sort of agenda by talking about going to Disney World several times a year.  What it is, I don't know.  I just find it odd that adults would want to go there so often.

@Sylanne Funny you should say that.  We live in the Disney area and my son works there.  We can go there for free just about anytime we want.  We go to Epcot maybe twice a year.  I just don't care to go Disney World or Animal Kingdom to wait in long lines, fignt the crowds, and get all hot and tired.  When my kids were young, sure, we would do that.  But as an adult without kids, it just does not appeal to me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I rarely watch anymore.  If I want something, I look online.  Jane is probably a lovely person, but, she comes on way too strong.  If I'm watching any show, I want information about the products not the hosts' lives.

I do enjoy jewelry shows, however, I've recently found a different channel that gives information about the gemstones.  I like that.

Honored Contributor

@Sylanne wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Jane is one of the hosts I just can not watch.  Too much talking.  Too hyped up 110% of the time.  I don't care to hear about her family or theater or Disney from her.  It is like she has to constantly tell everyone how wonderful her life is.  Talk about what you are selling and let the vendors have some breathing room to speak.

I sometimes wonder if Jane has some sort of agenda by talking about going to Disney World several times a year.  What it is, I don't know.  I just find it odd that adults would want to go there so often.

@Sylanne  Many adults & families love Disney World to the extreme.  Amy, from Lug Handbags, said she & and her family moved to Orlando just to be close to DisneyWorld and go several times a year, not just for her young kids either.  Couples get married there, etc.  Not my thing, but what's the harm?

Jane has also mentioned that her daughter is a member of the Disney Dreamers Academy.  Every year, the Academy takes 100 high schoolers between 13 - 19, and each kid is assigned a mentor for career advice, networking, learning how to face obstacles in life, etc.  Jane's oldest daughter has been a mentor for several years. 

Just another reason I like Jane.

Respected Contributor

Tropics21 - your post made me giggle....

in the movie version of her life I wish we could get Bette Davis - ala "WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE"....a story of a hasbeen driven mad by her inability to regain her status.

It's perfect since you mentioned she's a frustrated wanna be actress, stage star that never happened.

Trusted Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I like when she talks about her mom that would say, 'you can't leave it there Jane'.  The whole family must have been a kick. 

Oh Mercy - !  I hear Jane's voice saying 'you can't leave it there Kim' - IN MY EAR whenever I am trying to pull myself away from a purse, pair of boots, candles ... 

Valued Contributor

She is the champion at turning any subject into a tale about HER.  Vendors are there to promote their products, not her endless trip down memory lane.  Surely there have been some who refused to work with her.  And viewers want to learn about the products, not her family history.

Valued Contributor

Agree. It's also why I don't watch her show shoes anymore. The whole "shelfie" thing, which I don't really get. She started all this "yay" business QVC is all caught up in now.  Blech.