Valued Contributor

Doesn't QVC have to tell you whether jewerly is real gold or filled?

I'm looking at the Rollo and wondering if its real gold or plated over resin? I thought is was the law regarding gold or diamonds?

Honored Contributor

Re: Doesn't QVC have to tell you whether jewerly is real gold or filled?

Yes, wht is 14K over Resin? Never herd of it. I only know 14K period.

kindness is strength
Contributor

Yes, they should specify, but you have to read the screen because the current host doesn't always give good descriptions. The gold over resin is real 14k gold, it is just not hollow on the inside, they put resin in the middle to make it stronger and dent resistant. It's similar to what they used to do called electroform, if you are familiar with that.

Valued Contributor

I always thought jewelry had to be labeled, filled, electroplated, plated, etc. If a gold piece was hollow/solid you knew it by feel. How are they not required to state that this jewelry is filled with resin?? I think there is a legal issue regarding these pieces. It should be stated clearly that what you are seeing is a 'gold-filled' piece.

I feel this is a misrepresentation of costume jewelry as the real thing. Plated gold is not solid or pure gold. It is plated or gold filled.

Super Contributor

It's not "gold filled." It is 14k.

Gold-filled jewelry, also known as "rolled gold" or "rolled gold plate" is composed of a solid layer of gold bonded with heat and pressure to a base metal such as brass.

Oro Nuovp is 14k gold. If you remove the resin, it is still 14k.

Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2014 ennui1 said:

It's not "gold filled." It is 14k.

Gold-filled jewelry, also known as "rolled gold" or "rolled gold plate" is composed of a solid layer of gold bonded with heat and pressure to a base metal such as brass.

Oro Nuovp is 14k gold. If you remove the resin, it is still 14k.

You know, I think it should be marked resin filled!! Same with the silicone filled stuff. Years from now, the resin-filled and silicone-filled "junk" will have polluted the gold market. That's just my opinion, though.

Respected Contributor

Read the item description.

Super Contributor

The reason the prices are reasonable is because its resin filled, basically a gold overlay. From what I watched when Antonella was presenting some peices, she clearly stated it was resin filled. I bought most of my solid gold in Italy, years ago. For many people who love gold and can't afford solid, the resin filled thats being offered is an excellent alternative & only a jeweler can tell the difference, I have a few peices that I wear & enjoy.

Honored Contributor

Q changed it up a little and buried the 'resin' disclosure in the description, underestimating their customers.