Frequent Contributor

Re: Does the place in Rhode Island do sizing of Judith's rings -- or just repairs?

You are welcome Cheryl in KY.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does the place in Rhode Island do sizing of Judith's rings -- or just repairs?

Deadeye have you ever been to MRT jewelers on Pawtucket ave, east providence? They pretty much resize anything! Someone I know brought in broken chains (in gold) and they somehow put it to gether and made a whole new bracelet looked cool!
Frequent Contributor

willomenia, I know the place, but, have never been inside. I will avoid them, till I have no choice! If you know what I mean! I understand they do a lot of custom designs, and will work with you if you have a specific design in mind. I hear a lot of very good things about them. If I ever need a JR ring resized, they are the ones to do it.

Frequent Contributor

willomenia - Well I finally went to MRT. I had them work on my JR Ambrosia bracelet. It is a toggle closure, and it fell off my arm twice. Once, while I was just driving in the car. It landed in my lap. I had them remove the toggle closure and replace it with a lobster claw. I used the lobster claw from an old JR necklace that was too short for me now. It came out beautifully and they only charged me $20! I was just thrilled. Now, I can wear it and not worry.

Respected Contributor

On 10/22/2014 willomenia said: I live in Rhode island, what place are you talking about? There is a place near me that can resize any silver, they also remake jewelry.

Hi, can you tell us what repair place you use? I have family from Cranston, Rhode Island---they were Irish immigrants back in the mid-to late 1800 and worked in the mills.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Frequent Contributor

Sheesh, Pranda North America was on Sockonosset Road, in Cranston. It runs off of Pontiac Avenue, leading into Garden City and Chapel View. However, when I went to Garden City a few weeks ago, the place where they were located is gone, and replaced with yet another a new strip mall. I am wondering if their relationship with Ripka is still intact, since its purchase by Excel.