Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone own and wear an Apple Watch

@Effie54 I LOVE my Apple Watch. I can't live without it! Yes, I have an iPhone. I consider my Apple Watch to be as essential as my car! I think I'm on my 3rd or 4th one now. The price is very reasonable for what you get.

Trusted Contributor

I love my Apple watch, never thought I would say that. It has freed me in many ways, I love that it can find my iPhone! And one thing I use daily is setting the alarm for meetings, to check the oven, even to remind me to check the fish tank that I am refilling....which I forgot to set right before Christmas and flooded my family room. I bought it because during a snow storm I tripped and fell in the backyard, the snow was too deep for my arms to reach the ground. I really thought my DH was going to find me frozen in the backyard when he got home from work. but managed to get to the patio where there was no snow. That convinced me, the watch would have called 911 or my emergency contact if it the watch did not detect movement. I love the peace of mind.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

I wore an apple watch for many years and loved it. It was great to have at work, track steps, heart rate, texts, etc etc.  I haven't worn much jewelry or a watch since I retired though there are times I wish I had my apple watch.

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@Effie54 I LOVE my Apple Watch. I can't live without it! Yes, I have an iPhone. I consider my Apple Watch to be as essential as my car! I think I'm on my 3rd or 4th one now. The price is very reasonable for what you get.

I agree. It's a useful accessory. My phone is kind of heavy and the watch seems like it will fill in that gap. ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@We rescue cats wrote:

I love my Apple watch, never thought I would say that. It has freed me in many ways, I love that it can find my iPhone! And one thing I use daily is setting the alarm for meetings, to check the oven, even to remind me to check the fish tank that I am refilling....which I forgot to set right before Christmas and flooded my family room. I bought it because during a snow storm I tripped and fell in the backyard, the snow was too deep for my arms to reach the ground. I really thought my DH was going to find me frozen in the backyard when he got home from work. but managed to get to the patio where there was no snow. That convinced me, the watch would have called 911 or my emergency contact if it the watch did not detect movement. I love the peace of mind.

Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm glad that you're okay. They are little God sends in cases of emergency. ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I wore an apple watch for many years and loved it. It was great to have at work, track steps, heart rate, texts, etc etc.  I haven't worn much jewelry or a watch since I retired though there are times I wish I had my apple watch.

I'm in the same boat, I don't wear my jewelry anymore, but I really liked some of the features of the watch, so it will come I handy when I'm out. ❤️

Honored Contributor

@We rescue cats wrote:

@We rescue cats  Does your watch call 911 when you're still in your bed asleep?  If not, it's unlikely it would call if you were lying still in the yard. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@We rescue cats wrote:

@We rescue cats  Does your watch call 911 when you're still in your bed asleep?  If not, it's unlikely it would call if you were lying still in the yard. 

@Kachina624 The watch would have detected her fall. My friend fell and it immediately asked if she wanted to call 911. Another friend had irregular heartbeats. Her watch alerted her. Her doctor said the watch was a lifesaver. I love mine!!! 🍎⌚️