Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone not have pierced ears now?

Having sold Fine Jewelry for five years, I ran across more than a few who did not have pierced ears.

Very often they said they just never got them pierced or they were afraid of pain.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My ears are not pierced. I tried clip ons, but hated the way they felt. At 50+ I doubt I will ever get them pierced. I just don't wear earrings. 

Trusted Contributor

In my family all the girls got pierced ears as infants, but it was a regional/ethnic thing back in those days.  It wasn't until I was in high school--back in the Pleistoscene Era--that it became a big fashion deal.  I honestly hardly ever see a woman who doesn't have pierced ears these days--or at least the women who come in our office.  It just seems like the thing to do, and even if it isn't done in infancy, most young girls badger their mothers to get it done by middle school.

Wonder how long this will last?

Valued Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I do see women without them, but they mostly are ladies who don't wear necklaces either.....maybe they're not so much into jewelry.

Personally, I'm glad I got mine pierced years ago because those screw-on and clip-on earrings used to hurt my ears, and they would fall off.  I have rather prominent ears, so I actually have 3 piercings in each ear, which kind of helps to cover them up!

I'm very much into jewelry but have non-pierced ears. It is just not my thing to put holes in anywhere.....even though I know it's very common. I have a ton of clip earrings. I went to Michael's and bought a package of clips. I buy earrings for pierced ears and just remove the French hook or whatever and put my clip on them.

Valued Contributor

Never had anything pierced, probably never will.

Honored Contributor

I have four pierced in each ear (and thinking of one more set)... I've pierced my ears at every serious life event,  when I turned 18, when I had my boys, when my parents died and when I lived after almost dying..... I was thinking of one more as I enter a this next wonderful phase of my life.  I mostly have small diamond studs in 14k, bottom holes are for trends and hoops....

I love having them, no problems even with the ones up in my ear cartlidge.... would do it all again in a heartbeat.  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

My mother.

I had four piercings at one time for years. One in my right lobe, two in my left lobe, and one in my left cartilage. Now, I just wear one in each lobe.

My daughter has two in each lobe and one in her left cartilage. 

Also - both my husband and my son have one in their left lobes. 

-Texas Hill Country-