Honored Contributor

Does anyone not have pierced ears now?

Thought about this the other day, when all I saw was earrings for pierced ears. I think Joan Rivers use to do clip ons for some women who needed those. I am just wondering. I have pierced and I'm glad I did when I did it. But I just have one piercing in each ear.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone not have pierced ears now?

I'm sure there are many - just the other day I saw a whole display of pretty silver clip-ons at Bloomies.  I was looking for pierced though.

Respected Contributor

Never had mine pierced and seldom wear ear rings. The ones I have are clip on and the really old school screw on styles.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I do see women without them, but they mostly are ladies who don't wear necklaces either.....maybe they're not so much into jewelry.

Personally, I'm glad I got mine pierced years ago because those screw-on and clip-on earrings used to hurt my ears, and they would fall off.  I have rather prominent ears, so I actually have 3 piercings in each ear, which kind of helps to cover them up!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I know women whos ears are not pierced due to religious beliefs, and they wear clip on earrings. The ideology is don't mess with what God gave you, your ears are perfect they way they are so don't go putting holes in the Lord's good work.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 2 DILs, one with pierced ears, one not.

By the way, I never lost an earring until I started wearing pierced earrings.

Respected Contributor

I am 69 and do not have pierced ears.  

I have a stellar collection of earrings, and wear them often, some had to be switched to clips at a jeweler for $$, like my diamond studs, e.g.  

Others are fashion earrings, and many are Judith Ripka.  I have so many of hers, comfortable, never lost one, and they look great on.  I have one pair of the Fairy Tale lemon citrine/ss/gold by Ann King that are in clip and are FABULOUS!  I do miss her jewelry on QVC, super quality and design.

I do not always wear earrings, and never at home now I'm retired.  I like big statement earrings and perhaps a ring or bracelet, but I usually don't wear a necklace and earrings.  I didn't want holes in my ears for all the times I do not choose to wear earrings, as simple as that.

Yes, there used to be many more options for clip styles, now it is not easy to find them, especially artisan styles, or the old RLM ones that were never clip, sigh.  I have bought findings online to convert pierced to clip but they are never very satisfactory.

Honored Contributor

I got my ears pierced when I was 15, and never leave home without earrings.   

I let let both of my girls decide if, and when they wanted their ears pierced.  Both were 6 or 7 when they wanted their ears pierced.   I got my second piercing when my youngest got her first piercing.   Earrings are my favorite jewelry; I don't like rings on my fingers, necklaces, or bracelets, but truly feel incomplete without earrings.  

Valued Contributor

I worked at my son's grade school several years ago and would often see brothers and sisters together with only the boys having both ears pierced with small hoops and the sisters with no piercings. Times are a changing...

Regular Contributor

I had pierced ears for years then a few years ago I ripped my earlobe a little when I was towel drying my hair. I recently discovered earring converters where you put the post of a pierced earriang in a small hole and any pierced earrings become clipped. If you search for clip on earrings here you will see quite a nice selection.