Occasional Contributor

Re: Does anyone know who made this ring?

[ Edited ]

@Zernia Rose wrote:

It looks like the  pieces created by John Atencio.  He has fantastic jewelry in both silver and gold.  He is in Colorado I believe.  He was on the Q briefly but not with some of his work found in stores or his website.

Thank you for the recommendation. I did do some searching and didn't come up with anything. His hallmark does look a lot different than the one on this ring but I agree it does look like some of his work. 

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Hi @Slnrhiannon this looks like a lemon quartz set in a ring between 10 and 35 years old.  The trademark is a j and a c, and I don’t recognize this mark.  925 means sterling silver.  Hope this helps. I actually searched around the internet and had no luck.

Thank you so much for taking time and searching. I do have other pieces marked JC and I have never been able to confirm who that is after an exhausting search. 

Occasional Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Slnrhiannon    very vintage Bixby?  Just a guess but the motif seems to resonate with a past designer.  Let us know if you find out!

I also thought it could have been Bixby or Carolyn Pollack but I haven't been able to find anything like this. I will probably give up trying to confirm the maker and will just list it for sale on my eBay page as a mystery. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know if this is board legal or not, but can you give us a hint how and where this is listed on the bay?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

I don't know if this is board legal or not, but can you give us a hint how and where this is listed on the bay?

An ebay item number would be needed to search for the ring there. The OP can post that number here without any issues. Just not the link to the ring on ebay. @depglass 

@Slnrhiannon 

Occasional Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I hope this is ok. I don't have this ring listed yet but I will include a number below for another active QVC listing to help you find me on eBay. Send me a message and we can dicuss the ring before I try to list it. 

eBay item number: 293104513651
Respected Contributor

It sure is pretty and different.  I like it.