Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone know what happened to Dan Dennis at LC?

I always watched when he was on with Sean.  They were so funny together.  Then his son died and Sean announced that and Dan disappeared and no longer worked with Sean. 

I thought he was working more in the background but once I saw him with another partner - a woman this time.

He's very entertaining.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Has anyone seen Dan or have updates on when he returns?

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

What's the LC stand for?

Honored Contributor

The way people posted about Dan was terrible. Whether you like him ,or not ,he had just lost a child. I can only imagine how much it hurt

He read the nasty things posters said about him, and responded with a lot of class. He left saying he wouldn't be back

We never know what lies down the road for any of us..but for the grace of God, go I

Honored Contributor

He's been around for 30 years or so hasn't he?  I had forgotten about him.  He was on HSN with Farrah Fawcet.  I think that was the first celebrity jewelry I ever heard of.  

I still have a few rings from her line.  It was THE best quality of any of the others I've seen, Joan Rivers and JBK.  Beautiful things and still as beautiful, although I don't wear them, I like to look at them when I run across them in a drawer.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

The way people posted about Dan was terrible. Whether you like him ,or not ,he had just lost a child. I can only imagine how much it hurt

He read the nasty things posters said about him, and responded with a lot of class. He left saying he wouldn't be back

We never know what lies down the road for any of us..but for the grace of God, go I

@cherry   Dan loss his step-son last year earlier this year.  I agree some people were absolutely heartless with their comments during his time of grief. However, Dan did return to ShopLC after that death and was working quite regularly until about a month ago.

Again, has anyone seen Dan lately or know of any updates regarding his return?

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

@Tique  I don't follow him so I have no clue where he is

Honored Contributor

LC stands for Low Cost, they changed it from Liquidation Channel.  Trying to upgrade their image.  If you watch a lot of this channel you can find some real deals.  Yes, some of the stuff is absolutely ghastly, taste wise.  But overall their quality is good.  I won't say their gemstones are Tiffany quality, but they hold their own against most shopping channel offerings at much better prices.  And what they say is true, they do manufacture for other channels.  Check your rings, their mark can be found elsewhere.  I keep tabs on Dan because he was the reason I started watching LC.  He was terrible on HSN (constant overblown claims) and I wanted to see what he was like now days.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dan should be back from vacation any day now.

It can't be soon enough...Cheryl E. is driving me nuts! 

Honored Contributor

I remember the first time Cheryl was on.  All I could think was what is Cybil Shephard doing selling jewelry on TV?  Wouldn't make that mistake now days.  That woman must have stock in Red Bull, she seems to be getting a lot or free.