Honored Contributor

Does anyone know what happened to Dan Dennis at LC?

He was listed as host a couple days ago for a clearance show but no mention when he didn't appear.  His Facebook page seems like a lot of stuff has been wiped out and "worked at LC" is in his resume section. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone know what happened to Dan Dennis at LC?

[ Edited ]

Now that you mentioned it, I haven't a clue what happened to him. I just now realized that he's been mia for a while. I thought maybe he was on vacation. But maybe not after reading your post @depglass  Hope he's okay. I liked him and found him very knowledgeable about gems and jewelry.

eta - Dan came here to this forum once to talk about his late son. It was a while ago. Maybe he might come here again and give us an update about his absence from the LC.

Honored Contributor

Has anyone checked his Twitter account?

Honored Contributor

He never stays long anywhere he works.  He's very egotistical and I would guess argumentative.  He probably thinks he knows more than his bosses and tells them so.  Do you suppose he has run out of shopping channels?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@depglass

Per IG, he is on vacation until November.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@depglass

Per IG, he is on vacation until November.

Yes, that's true. I'm watching the LC right now and the hosts just said he is on vacation for another couple of weeks. Glad to hear that he is still on the LC.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I never  cared for him.

I remember many years ago  on whatever channel he was on at the time he would always say....."THE PHONE LINES ARE CLOGGED!"  I always envisioned  a clogged toliet😄.

He always seems  unprofessional in his speech...limited vocabulary....and  looks just kind of dirty..,his hair always looked greasy...his clothes wrinkled...rather unattractive presentation.

I am am actually surprised he still works on a shopping channel. 

Honored Contributor

I was thinking about Dan yesterday because I had turned to SLC at various times during this past week and never caught him. Glad he's on vacation because it seems like he has finally found his audience at that station. His fellow hosts also seem to like and respect him. That's a good thing.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Valued Contributor

I always thought of Herb Tarlek from WKRP in Cincinnati when I saw him.  Bad suits and all.  

Honored Contributor

Dan closed his FB account because he'd been hacked multiple times.  He posts on every social media site.  He's on vacation, he'll be back to work November 3rd or 4th, I forget which.  He's posts to Instragram a lot.  He's a vegan and he posts some excellent recipes.