Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone here watch JTV? Changes in hosts etc.

Wow, what a shame. Cheryl was my favorite. She was so genuinely enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I noticed she hadn't been on for a while. I wonder of she asked for a shift change and was refused. They have plenty of new hosts to fill up the night hours.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess at my house JTV looks faded, unclear. Hard to explain, but HSN and QVC come in crisp and clear. Probably the HD aspect.

And I don't like their presentations and am not sure why. I guess I don't trust. I remember long ago my mother and father taking my sister and myself to the Boardwalk in Atlantic City and there were vendors galore selling whatever they could. This show makes me feel like I am back there being bombarded by people pushing products.

I will say one or two things nice about the experience. It was good times with my parents and one vendor stopped me as my eyes were caught looking over the lipstick and eye shadow and said that I had the light complexion, green eyes, light hair and should always wear mauve, plums, etc. I have followed that all my life.

Respected Contributor

On 4/11/2015 Penellope said:

Wow, what a shame. Cheryl was my favorite. She was so genuinely enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I noticed she hadn't been on for a while. I wonder of she asked for a shift change and was refused. They have plenty of new hosts to fill up the night hours.

Penellope It's disappointing and sort of looks like it was sudden. There are a lot of people posting on her facebook.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

On 4/11/2015 bonnielu said:

I guess at my house JTV looks faded, unclear. Hard to explain, but HSN and QVC come in crisp and clear. Probably the HD aspect.

And I don't like their presentations and am not sure why. I guess I don't trust. I remember long ago my mother and father taking my sister and myself to the Boardwalk in Atlantic City and there were vendors galore selling whatever they could. This show makes me feel like I am back there being bombarded by people pushing products.

I will say one or two things nice about the experience. It was good times with my parents and one vendor stopped me as my eyes were caught looking over the lipstick and eye shadow and said that I had the light complexion, green eyes, light hair and should always wear mauve, plums, etc. I have followed that all my life.

Bonnielu I know what you mean that their shows aren't expensively produced but I think that helps prices to be much lower than other sites. That and the fact they don't sell everything plus the kitchen sink they just concentrate on jewelry and gemstones and nearly all of their hosts are certified gem experts.Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I have shopped with JTV for 2 or 3 yrs and enjoyed my jewelry I got from them.I seldom watch any of the home shopping channels,just look online instead.

But the few times I have watched,I don't mind the accents since I am from the south.But the nasal-y sound is definently not part of my accent.LOL.

I do always buy the extended warranty,just like I do with Ervine and HSN jewelry.Just hope I can find it if I ever need it.

Do they still have the rotating jewelry trays like they used to?I used to go to sleep by watching them .It always seemed to relax me.

Honored Contributor

i cannot watch JTV. I will shop online there. I know more about gems, gold and silver than most of their hosts do. I don't have any issue with their accents or anything. I probably have an accent to them. But I just can't watch because their style is just cheesy, just not very informative.

Respected Contributor

Now they've added another new host named Morgan. Wonder why all the changes? I miss Cheryl and her knowledge of gemstones.

Respected Contributor

I don't shop JTV now but did buy many rings and earrings about ten years ago. I have some really good buys. Also, I learned a great deal about gems.

New Contributor

On 12/17/2014 NicoleKy said:

When I first discovered JTV about 3 yrs ago, I ordered a lot from them. Unfortunately I would say about half has been damaged upon arrival with either scratched metal or chipped stones (this happens on almost every tennis bracelet I receive). I have learned to order multiples if its something I really want because often if one is damaged and I need to exchange, it's no longer available. The same goes for stones that can be completely different from piece to piece like Tigers Eye, Turquoise, Larimar etc - I order 2 & choose the stone I like the most. I typically mail them back on my own since it's cheaper than using their label. I am really slowing down with them and trying to stop my shopping habit Smiley Happy

Libby was commuting from the West Coast to Knoxville to work each week so it doesn't shock me that she left. I loved Kristen - very down to earth but she left to work for a cruiseline along with her boyfriend. I suspect Jeff & Erin helped her out with that since that is what they used to do. Erin left after getting her real estate license.

I like one of the new hosts & the other is dreadful. She is "rough around edges" to say the least. Luckily when I want to see something on JTV, I can just go to the website & see exactly what they are showing at that time without listening to the show.

Overall I must say that the quality of the jewelry received from QVC is much better than JTV. While I may not always like it once I see it in person, it's rarely damaged.

I totally agree with you about that "rough around the edges" host Rebecca. I can't watch when she is on! She sounds like someone who smokes alot n hangs out in pubs, maybe its just how her voice is but she definately needs a makeover! I'm mad they put her on in the time slot my fav host Cheryl Ells was on. in the wee hours I like to watch/listen as I fall asleep and this new gal just doesn't fit in. I've been watching all the shopping channels since they came on. JTV's jewelry used to be good, the last few years I found myself returning 90% of the things ordered cuz it just did not look as good as the on air piece! I think they use superior product to show on air and send out the "seconds" I bought a labradorite pendant that had NO flash at all. I find myself buying more from QVC & I haven't had to return theirs. anything.

New Contributor

On 2/6/2015 golfcartrider said:

They have the worst host's ever, a lot of them are related and have been and will be there forever no matter how bad they are. Have you noticed how the "Helper" sits there and nods her head with a silly grin on her face through the whole presentation?

Jennifer is about the only one with any sense.

Sharon owns, wants or buys everything she is selling

Wendy, OMG someone PLEASE take her to a nose Dr. she talks through her nose and has that whiny nasal voice. She sounds like she is constantly stopped up and talks so fast I can't understand anything she says.

I do like girlfriend Friday, they have been friends for a very long time and are fun together.

I agree with you about Wendy, OMG it sounds like she has a constant cold! Her eyes are always half open like she just woke up & I hate how she mumble/slurs her words. I can't for the life of me understand how her or her ugly sister Heidi have been on air so long. (at least Heidi has started wearing makeup.)

I disagree about Jennifer, to me, she comes off pushy and like a bully. I have seen her be downright mean to co hosts on air, she tries to make them look like they don't know what they're talking about to make herself look better. She stole one hosts hairdo. She has big plans to become the Colleen Lopez of that channel IMO. I don't see her staying long, she has a superior than thou sociopathic type personality IMO.

LOVE girlfriend Friday! No one only wants to hear about jewelry 24/7.

Sharon comes off as stuck up and hoighty toighty. She's kinda phony IMO loving it all, some of it is downright gaudy.

I have to say I hate KIM the most, she comes off so fake and phony I can't watch when she is on. Thank goodness they shoved her on in the 4 am time area. She ruined Jewel school, you could totally tell she was NOT into making jewelry. OMG a few days ago she admitted her mom had to put her on a "big girl budget", cuz she had just been spending and buying lunches w her BFFs without even thinking about it! must be nice.