Honored Contributor

Does anyone have the Joan Rivers pearls they are offering today at a sale price?

Sounds like a good deal if they're as nice as they are describing.  Of course you can't believe anything they say, so some recommendations would be helpful.  Please and thank you.  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone have the Joan Rivers pearls they are offering today at a sale price?

Yes, I have them in gray. They are, in fact, really nice. I'm picky about my fake pearls; they must be extra good quality and these meet my high standards. They're weighty--which I like--and the lustre is realistic (and very good). I like them a great deal--but I'm not doing cartwheels over them. They're just pearls. I think they're comparable in quality to Majorica--and they cost much less. I wish they'd offer some more options with smaller pearls; these are substantial. The two hang really well together, too. I didn't realize when I bought them how well they'd look together. I didn't really care for the cream ones (I sent them back) becuase they were too "creamy" for me. I like white pearls to be more on the "silvery" side and these were more on the "creamy, gold" side. Hope this is helpful to you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have the Joan Rivers pearls they are offering today at a sale price?

I have a set in the cream and the grey; they were a gift to me many years ago from a family member who loved JR items.

They are EXCELLENT quality. The weight, the feel, the color.... everything is just fantastic. I compared the cream set to a strand of real pearls I inherited and JR's could pass for the real deal.

HTH : )

Honored Contributor

Thank you both; you have been very helpful.  I actually ordered both the cream and the grey.  When I get them home I will decide if I will keep them both or save one for a gift.

The reviews are great for the most part, but I especially appreciate recommendations from the ladies here.

Again; many thanks.  I'll report back when they arrive. HeartWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

Wish I'd posted yesterday. I have BEAUTIFUL Joan Rivers pearls from years ago.

If they haven't changed them, this buy was a STEAL!

High hopes for all who bought them!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the help, @violann!

I thought the price was really good, that's why I went for both colors.

Honored Contributor

Well, here's a monkey wrench thrown into my great deal:  yesterday the pearls were offered for $39.99 with a major fuss made on how it was a one day price, and that the regular price is $59.99.  Sounds like something to jump on, right?  Well, today they're on clearance for $41.96.  It's a good thing I got them yesterday to save that whopping two dollars.

I still have a good feeling about their quality.  I'm just annoyed at another Q pricing game.