Contributor

Re: Does anyone else miss turquoise with matrix?

I also prefer turquoise with matrix. The plain blue of SB stones looks fake like plastic or simulated turquoise. And I also like green turquoise again with the matrix. It's too bad QVC doesn't offer more variety. Now it's almost all Sleeping Beauty.
Respected Contributor

I prefer the green-blue turquoise with matrix because it looks interesting & every nugget is unique. I am not slamming the Sleeping Beauty, but I don't like it at all. The turq that I have are all hand made & purchased in my home state, NM. I do not have any turq purchased from home shopping channels because I want to see it & touch it before deciding to buy.
Contributor

I like them both.

Respected Contributor

Blue turquoise is nice but I prefer the green. And I also like a little matrix mixed in. Not a lot, but a little. As others above have mentioned, plain turquoise without the matrix looks kind of fake. When you have a little matrix I think it really makes the color of the turquoise pop.

I haven't bought turquoise in years, mainly because I haven't seen any pieces that I really like. I'm glad that I did my purchasing years ago when the selection and the prices were better.

Honored Contributor

I want my turquoise stones with MINIMAL, if any, matrix ...... and the sterling silver should be shiny, with MINIMAL, if any, oxidation. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

That's why I like a lot of the Hagit sterling pieces ... just my personal taste.

Super Contributor

Turqoiuse and amber are my favorite stones (not necessarily together). I am used to natural inclusions,ect that happens with those stones. I have some turqoiuse earrrings that go on lever backs that I bought from QVC a few years ago, and more often than not I choose the blue turqoiuse with the matrix in it- it's not as bright, and I think the matrix makes the stone a bit more interesting.

Honored Contributor

We have a nice thread with many pictures of turquoise with matrix here called ""Turquoise Lovers"". I don't know why another was started.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 stevieb said:

I miss VARIETY! I'd love to see a MIXTURE of turquoise made available here, including more green turquoise. I'm fully sick of hearing about Sleeping Beauty and about the mine being closed!

Yes, would love to see more variety. I have a variety of turq pieces - matrix, green, SB. Fortunate to have purchased most of my jewelry when I travel, since different cities/states offer regional turquoise and unique designs. I love the diversity, and much prefer to buy "in person".

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

I like all kinds of turquoise. I like the unique look of matrix but I also appreciate the pristine blue color of Sleeping Beauty. There is plenty of matrix-ed turquoise out there but it seems like Sleeping beauty is all anyone talks about these days.

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Honored Contributor

The trouble with turquoise with matrix and TV shopping channels is that there is no consistency. They'll flash a shot of a stone with beautiful matrix and you can be assured it's the best out of 2,000 units. The best will be blah or worse, have nothing. Then you have 1,999 unhappy customers and potential returns. If I can't see the piece I'll receive, I'm not buying. Truthfully, this is the reason they hammered away at Sleeping Beauty and made you think you love it. It's easier and more practical for the merchant.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment