Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone else miss turquoise with matrix?

Yes, I do. It gave each piece a unique character.
Valued Contributor

I agree. My favorite turquoise is the green color with matrixing. I'm so grateful I bought some years ago. It was actually quite inexpensive! I have some pretty chunky pieces and I even have a stand that is 100"" and I can wrap it multiple times. Out of all my jewelry it's my turquoise that gets me the most compliments.
Honored Contributor

I prefer it, and I don't care for pristine turquoise stones. It's nice that there's a type of turquoise for every taste.
Valued Contributor

I love the matrix but only in the larger pieces.

The teeny weeny stuff QVC sells is better suited to SB type plain turquoise so all the stones in a particular piece match and look balanced.

The slightest hint of matrix can skew the look of a piece when it's set with tiny stones, especially multiple stones.

Honored Contributor

I miss VARIETY! I'd love to see a MIXTURE of turquoise made available here, including more green turquoise. I'm fully sick of hearing about Sleeping Beauty and about the mine being closed!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

There is lots of turquoise out there with matrix! If you have Native American gatherings in your area, lots of times there are vendors there with jewelry A LOT of southwest museums have jewelry online. Sometimes you find good sales on it, but the museum shops have the real deal. Look around it is out there.

I thought most of the non-matrix stuff was Persian or not USA turquoise. Maybe they make little stones out of it or importing the raw ore. . .

Valued Contributor

It feels like we've had a hundred years of Sleeping Beauty now on QVC.

It's high time the prince came along and woke her up.

Honored Contributor

Outside the box, I know, but what I'd really love to see is more of a mixture of turquoise that isn't virtually all set of the SW ilk... Again, it gets down to variety. I love some of the SW pieces, but would also enjoy turquoise in other formats.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I like turquoise with natural matrix. When Jay King came out with some squirrely turquoise with fake matrix (some technique his friend Marty created), that was a turn off.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I like the matrix... I think it is more interesting. I do wonder how anyone can tell if the single color is real and not dyed. Or if the single color is ""really"" Sleeping Beauty. Getting confusing out there.