Super Contributor

Does Clearance price mean gone forever?

I purchased a ring on Evine on a really good clearance price. It is available in several colors and they are all sold out except the one color I happen to have. I check from time to time because I would like to purchase this in another color and noticed that while it's still on clearance and all the colors are showing sold out, the price has gone up? Strange, makes me wonder if they are going to be getting more in stock for diamond day on Sunday. Also I purchased a ring on HSN, last one in my size also on clearance. I was sent a pair of earrings instead and now the ring is completely sold out but it's still listed on their site. For the people in the know out there, what do you think? Any chance of these pieces coming back in stock? I always thought of a clearance sale meaning clearing out the last of an item,
Honored Contributor

Re: Does Clearance price mean gone forever?

I don't honestly think it's possible anymore to know what any of the TV shopping stations mean by 'clearance'. I've seen things on clearance reappear and I've seen them sell out and not come back. I'd have to assume the way things seem to be going lately that clearance means they probably aren't getting the items back, but you just never know... You can always contact their respective customer service folks, but you know, they might not even know...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I've noticed Evine's best prices show up during their "events," and tend to disappear the next day. I used to make that mistake, thinking I'll order tomorrow when the computer is on and I'm out of luck. Same with HSN for the most part. QVC's only sale prices worth bothering with are "last clicks," clearance prices barely move the needle.

Trusted Contributor

Usually, or a price increase, if it comes back.

Super Contributor

Just weird because an item I purchased on clearance for $28, just went up to a clearance price of $39. I thought maybe they were bringing the item back for diamond day but still sold out except for one color (which I have).