Honored Contributor

Does Anyone Own Any Herkimer

I ordered Deb Guyot 0.79ctw Herkimer "Diamond" Quartz & White Topaz Sterling Silver Double Band Cuff Ring 563-433 for $19.50.

I wanted to see what Herkimer looks like so I thought this was a great way to try it at that price. I figured it would well look cheap.

I just received it in the mail. I think it's really pretty. Now I want more. If you wear a size 8 or size 10 HSN has 12 size 8 & 3 size 10 left in stock.

It's so much prettier in person then the pic online.

deb-guyot-079ctw-herkimer-quartz-double-band-cuff-ring-d-20180531141808537_563433.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Own Any Herkimer

I own a bracelet and necklace and love them.  They sparkle like diamonds. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz - I don't own any from a shopping site, but I do own a few pieces.

When DS was 13 we took him to the mine for his birthday on a school four day holiday. He's always been interested in geology - still taking courses in college now - so we thought we'd surprise him. It was fall, and it was beautiful! We also visited the museum there and met some of the family. Lots of beautiful "diamonds."

We worked at the mine for one day, chipping away. I'm just glad it was a nice fall day and not hot at all! DH and DS "found" a diamond each; I had no luck. DS made friends with some of the regular "miners" who get the diamonds for commercial use. One of them gave him some of the bigger ones she had found. 

We were planning to have the ones they found set in a necklace - they have a huge jewelry store inside the main building and you can do that, but it was a little too expensive. So we kept them and bought a pair of earrings for DD, who wasn't with us. There is a lot of beautiful jewelry for sale there - Herkimer diamonds and other stones too. 

About a year later I was at a craft show here. After talking to one of the jewelry vendors who makes her own pieces, I learned she buys diamonds from Herkimer. So I bought earrings and a bracelet from her.

I can't call them fake. They are not hand made. If you learn the history of the mine and how long it's been there, and you see the raw diamonds, I think you would think the same!

Your ring is beautiful. Enjoy it! I don't shop anywhere but here, but if I did I would be very tempted to order something with a diamond like that! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Nightowlz - I don't own any from a shopping site, but I do own a few pieces.

When DS was 13 we took him to the mine for his birthday on a school four day holiday. He's always been interested in geology - still taking courses in college now - so we thought we'd surprise him. It was fall, and it was beautiful! We also visited the museum there and met some of the family. Lots of beautiful "diamonds."

We worked at the mine for one day, chipping away. I'm just glad it was a nice fall day and not hot at all! DH and DS "found" a diamond each; I had no luck. DS made friends with some of the regular "miners" who get the diamonds for commercial use. One of them gave him some of the bigger ones she had found. 

We were planning to have the ones they found set in a necklace - they have a huge jewelry store inside the main building and you can do that, but it was a little too expensive. So we kept them and bought a pair of earrings for DD, who wasn't with us. There is a lot of beautiful jewelry for sale there - Herkimer diamonds and other stones too. 

About a year later I was at a craft show here. After talking to one of the jewelry vendors who makes her own pieces, I learned she buys diamonds from Herkimer. So I bought earrings and a bracelet from her.

I can't call them fake. They are not hand made. If you learn the history of the mine and how long it's been there, and you see the raw diamonds, I think you would think the same!

Your ring is beautiful. Enjoy it! I don't shop anywhere but here, but if I did I would be very tempted to order something with a diamond like that! Smiley Happy

@beach-mom

I never heard of them until I saw the on HSN. I like the dangle earrings they have reduced right now. 

That sounds like a fun trip to the mines. Something I would not mind doing as long as it's not too hot.

I will have to research it as I don't even know where the mines are.

I just could not pass it up for $19.50. I was exercising the other day flipping channels & saw it.

Just saw this ring at the Herkimer diamond site online for $119.

Respected Contributor

I have one necklace from HSN and I bought my friend a pair of hoop earrings.  They are both beautiful.

Honored Contributor

I have a loose Herkimer crystal that I picked up at a local gem and mineral store. It is very clear and sparkles. It's double terminated just like you see in pictures.

Honored Contributor

I have the hoop earrings which may have been a TS at one time.  I never wear them as they seem a bit ostentatious  for wear to most at my destinations.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have Deb's earrings that were a TS on HSN a while back. Beautiful! Always get a "where did you get those?" when I wear them. I got them to go along with a vintage necklace of BIG Herkimers that I picked up years ago at a flea market and neither the seller or I knew exactly what they were. I like them as much as my diamonds.Need more! lol

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I ordered Deb Guyot 0.79ctw Herkimer "Diamond" Quartz & White Topaz Sterling Silver Double Band Cuff Ring 563-433 for $19.50.

I wanted to see what Herkimer looks like so I thought this was a great way to try it at that price. I figured it would well look cheap.

I just received it in the mail. I think it's really pretty. Now I want more. If you wear a size 8 or size 10 HSN has 12 size 8 & 3 size 10 left in stock.

It's so much prettier in person then the pic online.

deb-guyot-079ctw-herkimer-quartz-double-band-cuff-ring-d-20180531141808537_563433.jpg

That is niceSmiley Happy  Glad you got it at a good price.  I have always wondered about the Herkimer.  When I watch the presentations the prices were always too high.  Glad you love it.  Have a wonderful day and enjoy your new treasure.

Honored Contributor

I have a necklace that was a TS quite a long time ago, a pair of stilleto earrings that were a TS and a pair of hoop earrings that were also a TS.

I bought the necklace as the TS but I bought both pair of earrings on a really great clearance markdown.  I wear the hoops a lot.  Between the herkimer hoops, my white zircon inside/outside hoops and my big black spinel inside/outside hoops, I'd say I have one of those 3 pair of earrings on 5 days out of the week.  LOL

I noticed that Lenox carries Herkimer jewelry.  I want to try and piece and see if there's a difference.  I have also seen Herkimer jewelry on Etsy and wondered about the quality.