Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Else Find This Ring Creepy?

@Pearlee wrote:

J330430  I saw it yet again today in the product review and every time I see it online it gives me the creeps!  I don't even want it to wear for Halloween.   Ewwwwww!   

It does seems strange although it has good reviews.  I wouldn't wear it for sure. 

Honored Contributor

I do not find it creepy or strange, there is a story behind the ring and you know you it you might change your mind

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I never saw this ring before today and was expecting to see some horrible ring by the comments posted.

i was disappointed.  It's not creepy at all to me.  I don't understand why it's supposed to be creepy.  

What am I missing?

Honored Contributor

Certainly NOT a thing of beauty, and I doubt it represents "love"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

A while back there was a thread started by someone who had purchased the ring for personal and sentimental reasons.  Everyone jumped on the chance to say how ugly the ring was and it really her feelings and she cancelled the order.

I think the idea of the ring is nice, I just think the sculpting of the hand does not accurately represent the sentiment.  The hand isn't "friendly" looking IMO.  It's more of a horror movie hand.

Super Contributor

I knew too that this ring was the one that was posted. It is a bit weird in the design. Yes, the back story is very sweet. I just think the design could be better executed. It's just not delicate enough in my opinion. Not a good look on your hand. 

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Certainly NOT a thing of beauty, and I doubt it represents "love"

Why do you doubt that it represents "love"?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I didn't even need to pull up this item number, I knew exactly which one this is.

I've seen this before and thought it was creepy.  It still is - and strange too.

Honored Contributor

@Beansey wrote:

I knew too that this ring was the one that was posted. It is a bit weird in the design. Yes, the back story is very sweet. I just think the design could be better executed. It's just not delicate enough in my opinion. Not a good look on your hand

@Beansey  that's my sentiment also.  I love the sweet, endearing backstory of this ring.  When Scott first talked about it on his FB page I couldn't wait to see it to order it.  But I think the design is a little off-putting.  Not exactly creepy, but not a good look.  Is it the lines in the fingers? 

I think it looks better on Scott's hand though.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Beansey wrote:

I knew too that this ring was the one that was posted. It is a bit weird in the design. Yes, the back story is very sweet. I just think the design could be better executed. It's just not delicate enough in my opinion. Not a good look on your hand

@Beansey  that's my sentiment also.  I love the sweet, endearing backstory of this ring.  When Scott first talked about it on his FB page I couldn't wait to see it to order it.  But I think the design is a little off-putting.  Not exactly creepy, but not a good look.  Is it the lines in the fingers? 

I think it looks better on Scott's hand though.

I think it might be the black oxidation on the fingers.  Perhaps if it were done in all shiny silver the hand would look less ominous?