Frequent Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Buy Jewelry For Your Daughter In Laws?

Nope..but I buy jewelry for my 2 year old grand daughter..pierced earrings and little necklaces. Good pieces that my DIL lets her wear occasionally
Honored Contributor

I think this could be a minefield. But you already know that since you asked the question.

Honored Contributor

My MIL surprised me with 3 very nice pieces of jewelry after she became addicted to QVC. I liked them all, and they were pieces I would never have bought for myself. I had just worn 2 of the pieces the day before our house was robbed, and had left them on my dresser, so they were taken during the theft. That Vincenza necklace and earrings were nice while I had them.
Valued Contributor

Yes, I do. She and I have very similar tastes in jewelry - unique, artsy pieces. I just love choosing something I know she will love and cherish. I am a very lucky girl!
Regular Contributor

wow would love to have you ladies as my MIL. Hubby and I are lucky if we even get a card! My Mom is a awesome Mom and hubby loves her too! My MIL is cold and bitter woman.
Honored Contributor

On 12/2/2014 cruisingonroyal said: wow would love to have you ladies as my MIL. Hubby and I are lucky if we even get a card! My Mom is a awesome Mom and hubby loves her too! My MIL is cold and bitter woman.
So SO sorry cruising- I never knew my FIL, WHO WAS SAID TO BE A TRUE MENSCH, and my MIL was very very crazy. I felt a terrible sense of loss when I found that I would never be able to love or be lved by her. The only thing of any worth that she ever gave me was ongoing training in how to be a good MIL myself.
Super Contributor

My mil has given me jewelry. Small pieces amd some costume, also purses and occasionally clothing. Most of them are not something I would use, but I appreciate the thought. The thing I appreciate the most is that my in laws are kind and not intrusive. This is my second marriage so my second set of in laws. The first were divorced. My fil was crazy and a substance abuser but we had minimal contact with him. My mil however was awful. She still talks about me to my oldest daughter. What she hasn't learned is that it hurts her when she does that. I have not seen her in probably 20 years. Let it go already. I rarely think of her unless my daugter mentions something she said. And I never think of her fondly. The one thing she did for me was make me appreciate my current in laws a whole lot more.