Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear your jewelry around the house?

I tend to wear jewelry only if I am entertaining  or I'm leaving the house.  If I'm in for the day, I do not.

Honored Contributor

Always, unless it is something that might be damaged like a large stone.  I change out rings every few days, sometimes matching my outfit when I go out (usually shopping or lunch), but not necessarily.  A slightly dressy occasion will warrant a necklace, I never wear those to bed or around the house.  And I'm compulsive about time, I always have a watch on. 

Honored Contributor

I still work every day so I wear my jewelry and change it every day.  If I am home usually the only jewelry I wear is my wedding band.  I might wear a watch but usually, no.  If I am going to go out on the weekends to do errands, or wherever, I do wear some jewelry.  I don't want to wear my baubles to do housework, cleaning, etc., as I don't want to damage them, etc.  If I should ever get to retire, I really don't know what I will do.  I would hate not wearing my pretty shiny things, but really, if I am just doing housework, scrubbing sinks, floors, etc., I don't see the point in that???  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@Reba055

Or lose a precious stone: that's how I temporarily lost my diamond---caught a prong on furniture corner.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@tammysu

the ankle bracelet was made by my jeweler who combined 2 pieces of jewelry that I no longer wore:

1) the bracelet was actually a bracelet that she added some additional chain to and added a large lobster claw closure.

2) the large piece is actually the top of a ring that I had her cutoff because the heart stones corresponded to the three stones in the bracelet.

I had had both pieces for many years and didn't want to add them to all the stuff I had already given away.  

I'm enjoying them tremendously and love recommending her to others who have jewelry that could be redesigned and used.

Thanks for the compliment !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Not usually

Respected Contributor

I do ( except for special occasion pieces) , but not when I cook or clean.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear jewelry every day.  I have a lot and I change it just about every day,too.  Whether I go out or not,I wear it for me...it makes me happy to sparkle!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Since I retired, I only seem to wear my rings and bracelets when I am going somewhere. Sometimes if I am going shopping alone, I don't wear anything 'good' for fear I will be a target.

Hubby made the comment yesterday that "Why did I want that Pandora bracelet for our Anniversary, when  never wear it."  I have worn it, but probably only 3 times.

Maybe I should wear my jewelry everyday unless  am out gardening or scrubbing floors..

i only wear my jewelry when I am going out, no need to wear it around the house.  It's the first thng I take off when I get home.

Trusted Contributor

Since I am still working, I definitely wear my jewelry every day.  Even if I am off, I wear at least my earrings and wedding set.  I plan to retire in 3 years, and I guess I haven't given much thought to how often I would wear jewelry then.  Can't imagine not wearing earrings every day;  I always clean myself up from my "day off" activities in the mid-afternoon for dinner and time with my husband.  I'd put on a necklace then, along with earrings.  My jewelry collection means so much to me--even if I don't wear every piece every day.  Maybe I'll feel differently when I retire.