Respected Contributor

Re: Do you wear your jewelry around the house?

Around the house: only my beautiful ankle bracelet which is on all the time:

image.jpg

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I wear my FitBit watch every day and that's about it, indoors or out. On days I go to work in the office, I wear a lanyard with my ID. 

Esteemed Contributor

I do, and if I'm going to run n errands, I add a couple of bracelets

Valued Contributor

I am retired and I garden, paint and distress furniture, cook alot, and I have alot of jewelry. I love my jewelry and I do not need any more. However, it is very hard for me to pass up a piece that I really love, especially from an art show. I am trying very hard not to buy anymore of anything. I just went through this yesterday with my clothes, purses and jewelry. I CAN NOT part with clothes either.

Beckyblu

Esteemed Contributor

I promised myself after I retired that I would not put away all of my jewelry! I feel better when I wear jewelry even if I'm not going anywhere. If I'm doing housework (seldom) then I don't wear it, but that's the only time I don't. I continue to alternate all of my jewelry - watches, rings and bracelets.

Regular Contributor

@jlkz  -  I love your ankle bracelet!  Where did you buy it?

Respected Contributor

I don't wear jewelry around the house because I'm always cleaning something. I only wear jewelry when I go out. I have a ton of jewelry and still buy which is a little ridiculous. Same with clothes, shoes, and purses. I'm going to try once more to reign it in, lol. 

If I've gone out, I will leave my earrings and necklace on, but off come the rings, bracelet, and/or watch as soon as I get home. 

I have a good friend who wears rings and bracelets at home (all jewelry actually) and still cleans. I don't know how she does it. I'd rip off a finger or something, lol. 

Super Contributor

Sadly, I don't wear my jewelry anymore either after retiring back in 2002..  I have purchased many great pieces from QVC back in the day and have several jewelry boxes, armoires etc just full.  In the past several years I have even gotten lazy about wearing my wedding rings, I am just so used to not wearing, I don't think to put them on when I do go out.

My kids bought me a pandora for mothers day several years ago and I have to honestly say, I have never worn it.  Thank you for your post.  It's a good reminder to dress it up!

Respected Contributor

I always wear jewelry whenever I go to work or out and about.  When I return home, I just leave it on til bedtime, unless I'm doing housework.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wear jewelry and makeup every single day of my life.  Even when I'm not going out and not expecting guests.  What's the point in buying jewelry if you aren't going to wear it?  I buy it because I like it,  not because I want to be seenin it.  I work from home 3 days a week, I pretty much dress and makeup the same way I would if I was going to work.