Esteemed Contributor

Do you wear your jewelry around the house?

Since I retired, I only seem to wear my rings and bracelets when I am going somewhere. Sometimes if I am going shopping alone, I don't wear anything 'good' for fear I will be a target.

Hubby made the comment yesterday that "Why did I want that Pandora bracelet for our Anniversary, when  never wear it."  I have worn it, but probably only 3 times.

Maybe I should wear my jewelry everyday unless  am out gardening or scrubbing floors....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you wear your jewelry around the house?

I always wear my gold and diamond wedding ring and usually wear earrings around the house. I'm also retired so my "uniform" is made up of light jeans plus a pretty tee in summer and heavy jeans with a sweater in winter. I wore jewelry to work but now my only jewelry opportunities occur when I go out to dinner or when I go on vacation. I stopped buying expensive pieces a few years ago since I have more than enough.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear my rings, watch, earrings and usually a necklace every day unless I am sick.  I put a bracelet on if I am going out for lunch, shopping, dinner, or something special.

Trusted Contributor

funny that this topic came up because I do wear jewelry everyday when I'm home, and I wondered if anyone else did that! I hardly go out, and I have lots of jewelry and love buying them. if I wore them only when I go out or save them for special occasions, they would be a waste of money. so I enjoy them everyday and that makes me happy 😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't wear my jewelry around the house, only when I go out.

When I'm home, I'm usually gardening, cooking or cleaning and jewelry gets in the way.

ETA: I haven't worn a watch since the day I retired, just don't need to.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Around the house? Just my wedding band.

Respected Contributor

Actually, no. I keep saying I will - but, that has still remained to be seen... And, why? I do not know... 

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Since I retired, I only seem to wear my rings and bracelets when I am going somewhere. Sometimes if I am going shopping alone, I don't wear anything 'good' for fear I will be a target.

Hubby made the comment yesterday that "Why did I want that Pandora bracelet for our Anniversary, when  never wear it."  I have worn it, but probably only 3 times.

Maybe I should wear my jewelry everyday unless  am out gardening or scrubbing floors....

No but when I go out to lunch maybe three times a week, I do....I wear my Apple Watch to the gym to monitor my fitness output.  I wore mostly gold when I worked now I favor silver....so I am giving most of my gold to my niece if she ever gets a day off!  I'd like to see it used rather than sitting in my jewelry boxes. 

Respected Contributor

I don't take my jewerly off at night -- only rings and big earrings.  So, I always have something on.  Sometimes I'll adjust according to my outfit or that day's activity, but, again, I'll probably have those items on until I adjust again.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Rarely wear jewelry anymore....and don't purchase it unless it has significant meaning.