Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear your engagement ring all the time?

[ Edited ]

I was married in 1980.  I never had an engagement ring. I never had a wedding ring.  Married by  the justice of the peace for $25.  Both hubby and I have never worn any rings our entire marriage.  Never was important. We know what IS important.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.

Trusted Contributor

@twinsister,

I only wear my wedding band.Sadly my engagement ring is in the bank🌻

Honored Contributor

I always hear Joan Rivers saying “wear it now”. My engagement ring, almost a 3ct. oval and diamond eternity band are worn anytime I leave the house. They’re insured & can be replaced, so why not wear & enjoy them?

All my jewelry (as well as any “good clothing”) is removed when I come home. I change to a knit outfit for comfort, jeans or my “studio clothes” that are fine for getting covered w/ paint or silver shavings.

When traveling, depending where we’ll be, I either wear my wedding rings or have a cz wedding set...leave my larger rings at home in the safe....also don’t travel w/ any “real” jewelry that I won’t be wearing the entire time. Crazy to leave things in a hotel room. That’s just asking for trouble.

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

just gave my engagement ring to my daughter.....wanted to pass it along before i'm no longer around so i could see the look on her face....i'm a firm believer in gifting my children their inheritance while i can share the moment with them...

@nana59  My mom gifted me her engagement ring & Diamond cocktail ring several years before she passed away.She got such joy seeing me wear them!!

I wear my rings every time I leave the house.I never clean with them on!! I hope to pass mom’s rings & my rings on to a daughter in law some day!!

Honored Contributor

Just because we wear rings, doesn't mean, we don't know what is important.  Some people love jewelry and some don't

Respected Contributor

I wear mine almost every day. It is low profile so I wear it easy with my gloves at work too.

Respected Contributor

EA7DDE3A-5EF7-40BE-AF50-97DBD92FC0FC.jpegLove my ring!!!

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Just because we wear rings, doesn't mean, we don't know what is important.  Some people love jewelry and some don't

Exactly @cherry. Not wearing a wedding band has absolutely nothing to do with claiming to know what is important. Silly judgmental post for those who cherish the tradition of wearing wedding rings.

Regular Contributor

I love my engagement ring, but I don't wear it all the time. I just can't wear jewelry when I sleep.  I feel bad because my husband never removes his ring, but I can't sleep with mine on...  I put everything back on as soon as I get out of bed.