Honored Contributor

Do you wear your engagement ring all the time?

When I worked as a nurse I never wore my engagement ring to work so it ended up rarely being worn. I wear my wedding band all the time but it is a very thin band with a millgrain edge, so very simple and very small.Today my DH asked me why I don't wear my diamond ring and I said I don't want to lose it, because it's his family heirloom and can't be replaced. He said he thought because it is small (1/2 c) and such big rings are in style now. I do wear it when we go out somewhere and get dressed up, but not daily.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you wear your engagement ring all the time?

just gave my engagement ring to my daughter.....wanted to pass it along before i'm no longer around so i could see the look on her face....i'm a firm believer in gifting my children their inheritance while i can share the moment with them...

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I wear mine every day.  I have a beatiful ring set and I enjoy wearing it.  Does no good sitting in a jewelry box.  Life is short, enjoy your ring! 

Super Contributor

I dont wear my rings everyday either. I love them but dont want them on when I and washing things by hand, painting or digging in the garden. Yes I do wear them when I am dressed up and headed out the door. Since we are retired that is not an everyday thing.

Trusted Contributor

I wear it with my wedding band whenever I leave the house. I never wear rings in the house because I clean a lot.

My rings look brand new after 32 years.

Respected Contributor

Yes, all the time except in the house, since I’m always cleaning.

Respected Contributor

Agree

Trusted Contributor

When we reached 30 yrs. we had my engagement ring diamond and diamonds from my wedding band made in to 1 beautiful ring with added diamonds.  I wear it 90% of the time but a few years ago while cleaning my ring got lost.  We had 2 days of heartbreak searching for it.  Thank the Lord it did turn up in my pantry.  It was a little big on my finger so we had it made smaller.  I now remove it when cleaning! 

We have now been married over 50 yrs.

Woman HappyHeartMan Happy

Honored Contributor

Not since I amost lost my engagement ring.  So I just stopped wearing it.  It stays safely in my jewelry box.  

Honored Contributor

I have several friends who are nurses in patient care and they can't wear their engagment rings at work but they do wear them in their private lives.  I think I would be like that.  Yes, I do wear my engagment ring every day.  I have never worn my wedding band alone.  I think my husband would feel a little hurt if I didn't wear my engagement ring everyday.  One of them anyway.  I have my original set from 35 years ago and he upgraded it on our 10th anniversary.  We both wanted something larger.   I wear them both because the first set is yellow gold and the second set is white gold.