Respected Contributor

Re: Do you wear much jewelry especially after retirement.....

I do.  I enjoy wearing and looking at it.  I wear a necklace, two simple band rings, my watch and simple bracelets most days and always gold earrings, hoops of one shape or another.  I feel naked without my jewels.  My phone is not glued to my hand and I still use my watch for time checks, not the phone.  

Honored Contributor

I don't wear much, but I then I was never into layering much, so even as I start my 20th year of retirement, my jewelry choices are similar to my working jewelry.  That is, a pair of earrings, a simple necklace (usually simple), one or two rings, amd a watch.

I'm too lazy to choose different pieces all the time, so I often wear the same few pieces repeatedly although I do try to vary the combinations and because I let myself buy so much in the past, I do a lot of closet shopping.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Since I wasn't allowed to wear jewelry at my job, retiring has opened up a huge door of opportunity to buy jewelry. I own more now than I did when I was working and I wear it all the time.

I love your post, @SilleeMee. I am a jewelry lover and collector. Although I am not retired yet, I wear my pieces every day and plan to when I am finally retired from teaching. Enjoy  this time in your life as well as your jewelry.   Lisa

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Since I wasn't allowed to wear jewelry at my job, retiring has opened up a huge door of opportunity to buy jewelry. I own more now than I did when I was working and I wear it all the time.

I love your post, @SilleeMee. I am a jewelry lover and collector. Although I am not retired yet, I wear my pieces every day and plan to when I am finally retired from teaching. Enjoy  this time in your life as well as your jewelry.   Lisa

So sweet Woman Happy @Lisa Y thank you.

Contributor

I am recently retired (3.5 weeks).  As I approached retirement, I did stop buying/getting pieces from DH as gifts as this is something I thought about (how much will it be worn after retirement).  So far, I have found I do not wear my pieces around the house on "cleaning days", but if having guests over or going out I do wear rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces.  This retirement gig is so new, I really haven't settled into a routine, so it is a work in progress.  I guess my philosophy is going to be dress to please myself!  Wear what makes you happy; that's why we acquire jewelry in the first place!

Honored Contributor

I always wear earrings, watch, bracelet and sometimes a ring and necklace.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Earrings always.  I always wear a watch, but hardly ever a bracelet.  Very rarely a necklace. 

Valued Contributor

I wear what makes me happy. Sparkle and shine is my motto Smiley Very Happy

With that said, if you hear clanging and need to put on your sunglasses, it's probably me walking down the street! Seriously, I wear what makes me happy. I don't care what others think. So, to answer your question, I wear jewelry every day because I enjoy my jewelry. 

Valued Contributor

I have tons of jewelry.  I wear an apple watch, several bracelets, earrings and a small pendant every day with a couple of rings.  They have to be very comfortable and understated.  I save the special pieces for when I go out or to wear to church, like one of my cross pendants.  I am beginning to sell things I don't wear anymore on Poshmark.

Super Contributor

At home nothing.  Going out even if just to the store my earrings.  I feel naked without them.  I do have some inspiration rings that I'll wear from time to time.  But they aren't as important as my earrings.  lol